Oct. 12th, 1960
Hiroyuki Sanada's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Hiroyuki Sanada (born October 12, 1960) in Tokyo. He made his film debut when he was 5 in Rokyoku komori-uta (1965) ('Sonny Chiba' played the lead role.) Sanada's father died when he was 11. Sanada joined Japan Action Club, organized and run by Sonny Chiba, when he was 12.
Sanada first became famous as an action star for his role in Yagy� ichizoku no inb� (1978). He started his career as an action star but now is known as one of the most talented actors in Japan. From 1999 to 2000, Sanada played the fool in an English-language production of "King Lear" with members of the Royal Shakespeare Co as the first Japanese actor to play with the RSC. He received an honorary MBE (Member of the British Empire) for this work.
He and 'Satomi Tezuka' got divorced after their 7-year marriage in 1997.
- A protege of 'Sonny Chiba' (qv)
- Senior member of Japan Action Club.
- Is a close friend of action icon Etsuko 'Sue' Shiomi.
- Disciple of Sonny Chiba.
- Graduate of Nihon University, Film Departmemt.
- Ex-wife has custody of their two sons.
- Had to learn Mandarin for his role in Mo Gik (The Promise).
Related sites for this celeb