Sep. 28th, 1987
Houston, Texas, USA
Hilary Duff's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Hilary Erhard Duff is an American actress, businesswoman, singer, songwriter, producer, and writer. Duff began her acting career at a young age and quickly became labeled a teen idol as the title character of the hit television series Lizzie McGuire (2001–2004) and in the theatrical film based on the series, The Lizzie McGuire Movie (2003). Thereafter, Duff appeared in numerous films, with leading roles in Agent Cody Banks (2003), Cheaper by the Dozen (2003), A Cinderella Story (2004), and Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (2005).
After experiencing commercial and critical failure in Material Girls (2006), Duff began appearing in independent films such as War, Inc. (2008), According to Greta (2009), and The Haunting of Sharon Tate (2019). She was also an executive producer on the latter two films. Since 2015, she has starred as Kelsey Peters on the TV Land comedy-drama series Younger, for which she has received nominations for People's Choice Awards in 2016 and 2017.
Duff first came to prominence in music after releasing her Christmas-themed debut studio album, Santa Claus Lane (2002), through Walt Disney Records. She then enjoyed significant commercial success and platinum and gold certifications with her subsequent studio albums released through Hollywood Records, including Metamorphosis (2003), Hilary Duff (2004), Most Wanted (2005), and Dignity (2007).
Her success in the entertainment industry led her to venture into business with fashion lines of her own such as Stuff by Hilary Duff, Femme for DKNY, and most recently the "Muse x Hilary Duff" collection, a collaborative effort with GlassesUSA. She has also invested in a number of businesses ranging from cosmetics to children's products. She has been the subject of media attention throughout her career, with interest focusing on her romantic relationships, friendships, and public image, especially her relationships with Aaron Carter and Joel Madden when she was a teenager. Duff has been married twice, firstly to former professional ice hockey player Mike Comrie from 2010 till 2016, and later to record producer and singer-songwriter Matthew Koma since 2019.
- Good friends of 'Frankie Muniz' (qv).
- Her favorite film is _Romy and Michele's High School Reunion (1997)_ (qv).
- Was mentioned in Eminem's song Ass Like That
- For her 17th birthday, her sister arranged a trip to Mexico for her and two friends.
- Her favorite episode of her hit show _"Lizzie McGuire" (2001)_ (qv) is First Kiss where her character Lizzie falls in love with the paperboy and shares a kiss with him.
- She made the Forbes list of richest young stars under 25, she made $15 million for the year of 2005. She beat out rival stars like 'Lindsay Lohan' (qv) and 'Amanda Bynes' (qv).
- Shot the music video to her song "So Yesterday" on Venice Beach in Marina Del Rey, California.
- Dating Ottawa Senators forward Mike Comrie.