Dec. 3rd, 1949
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Heather Menzies' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Beautiful, sunny, and engaging blonde actress Heather Menzies was born on December 3, 1949, in Toronto, Canada. Her family moved to the United States when Heather was eleven. She graduated from Hollywood High School and subsequently attended the Falcon Studio's University of the Arts in Hollywood. Heather made a strong and promising film debut as Louisa von Trapp in the delightful classic musical The Sound of Music (1965). Menzies also appeared with The Sound of Music (1965) star Julie Andrews (I) in the epic drama Hawaii (1966). After initially establishing herself as an innocent ingénue in the 1960s, Heather reinvented herself with a much sexier image in the 1970s. She did a nude pictorial for the August 1973 issue of "Playboy." Heather gave an extremely sweet and appealing performance as mad scientist Strother Martin's lovely and loyal daughter in the enjoyably oddball horror feature Sssssss (1973). Menzies was likewise quite spirited and personable as a feisty skip tracer in the terrific fright film cult favorite Piranha (1978). On television, Heather achieved her greatest fame as scantily clad fugitive Jessica in the short-lived, but still popular "Logan's Run" (1977) science fiction TV series. Among the numerous TV shows Menzies did guest spots on are "The Farmer's Daughter" (1963), "Dragnet 1967" (1967), "Marcus Welby, M.D." (1969), "The Love Boat" (1977), "T.J. Hooker" (1982), "Bonanza" (1959), "S.W.A.T." (1975), and "Love, American Style" (1969). Heather appeared with her late actor husband Robert Urich (I) on several occasions: she acted in three episodes of "Vega$" (1978) and one episode of "Spenser: For Hire" (1985), plus had a small role in the offbeat science fiction mystery thriller Endangered Species (1982). Moreover, Menzies first met Urich on the set of a TV commercial they acted in together. An ovarian cancer survivor, Heather Menzies resides in Los Angeles with her three children and currently works for the Urich Fund for Sarcoma Research at the University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center.
- She was godmother to the son of 'Kym Karath' (qv), her co-star in _The Sound of Music (1965)_ (qv). They had become close friends despite the fact that while filming that movie's rowboat scene, Kym swallowed too much water and threw up on Heather -- Julie Andrews was designated to catch her but fell off the wrong side of the boat and as a result Heather had to get Kym.
- Attended Hollywood High School.
- Appeared in Playboy.
- Ovarian cancer survivor.
- Has a production company with her _The Sound of Music (1965)_ (qv) co-star 'Angela Cartwright' (qv).
- Sister-in-law of 'Tom Urich' (qv).
- Heather went to Erindale Secondary High School.
- (2005) Has two grandchildren Michelle (born 2004) and Lana (born 2005).
Related sites for this celeb