Sep. 25th, 1961
Westwood, California, USA
Heather Locklear's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Heather Locklear is best known for her television roles as Sammy Jo Carrington on Dynasty, Officer Stacy Sheridan on T.J. Hooker, Amanda Woodward on Melrose Place, and Caitlin Moore on Spin City.
While attending the University of California, Los Angeles, Locklear began modeling and working in commercials for the school store. She made her earliest screen appearances in the early 1980s with small roles in episodes of CHiPs, 240-Robert, and Eight Is Enough, before beginning a long-term collaboration with Aaron Spelling. Spelling cast her in the role of Sammy Jo Dean during the second season of his TV series Dynasty, and the following year he cast her in the cop show T.J. Hooker with 'William Shatner'. Until the mid 1980s, Locklear would appear as a series regular on T.J. Hooker whilst making semi-regular appearances on Dynasty. She was a full-time cast member on Dynasty from 1985 until its cancellation in 1989.
Locklear was married for seven years to Mötley Crüe drummer Tommy Lee from (May 1986 to August 1993). After their divorce, she married Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora (December 17, 1994) in Paris. She gave birth to a daughter, her only child, in 1997. Locklear filed for divorce from Sambora in February 2006. Their divorce was finalized in (April 2007). In April 2007, Locklear began a relationship with fellow Melrose Place alum 'Jack Wagner'.
- One of a handful of actors to work on two series at the same time (_"Dynasty" (1981)_ (qv) and _"T.J. Hooker" (1982)_ (qv)).
- After she was rejected from her high school cheerleading squad, Heather joined the drama club and discovered that acting was her true passion.
- Charged with a misdemeanor DUI in Santa Barbara County after her arrest in September for driving under the influence of prescription medicine [November 17, 2008].
- Entered into an Arizona medical facility for the proper diagnosis and treatment of her medication for anxiety and depression [June 24, 2008].
- Guest-starred in episode "No Sniffing, No Wowing" of former _"Spin City" (1996)_ (qv) co-star 'Charlie Sheen (I)' (qv)'s new TV-series _"Two and a Half Men" (2003)_ (qv)
- Her ex-husband, 'Richie Sambora' (qv), is a member of the rock band 'Bon Jovi' (qv).
- Was the girlfriend of Tom Cruise .
- She is part Lumbee Indian, a community of individuals whose ancestry is a mixture of Native Americans, Africans and Europeans who intermarried only with each other.