Apr. 19th, 1981
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Hayden Christensen's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Hayden Christensen (born April 19th, 1981) in Vancouver, British Columbia. The young Canadian actor started his career at the age of 13 starring in several TV dramas. His biggest break was a starring role on the Fox Family network's Higher Ground (2000). On the series Christensen shows off his acting talent as a teen who was sexually molested by his step-mom, and turns to drugs in despair. Later he appeared in the television movie Trapped in a Purple Haze (2000), where he co-starred with his friend 'Jonathan Jackson'.
On May 12, 2000 Christensen announced that he would be starring as Anakin Skywalker in the next two prequels Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (2002) and Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005). The star was chosen by director 'George Lucas' because he felt that Christensen had raw talent and good chemistry with actress 'Natalie Portman'. Lucas stunned the movie world by picking the then-unknown actor after he had turned down such big names as 'Leonardo DiCaprio' and 'Jonathan Jackson', as well as 400 other candidates.
- He, his brother and their friends "kidnap" one another on each of their birthdays, drive to a location unknown to the birthday-boy and then spend the day riding dirt-bikes.
- One of Teen People Magazine's "25 Hottest Stars under 25" in 2002.
- On the set of _Factory Girl (2006)_ (qv) in Louisiana he shared a house with co-star 'Sienna Miller' (qv).
- Was named one of the 50 Most Beautiful People by People Magazine in 2002.
- He and 'Jessica Alba' (qv) visited Bellevue hospital and spent time with little children, bringing them Christmas cheer while filming _Awake (2007)_ (qv).
- Was ranked #11 on Entertainment Weekly's '30 Under 30' the actors list. (2008).
- His favorite actor is 'Joe Lando' (qv).
- Supports Manchester United Football Club.