70 (passed away Jul. 12th, 2010)
Oct. 8th, 1939
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Harvey Pekar's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Pekar was married from 1960 to 1972 to his first wife, Karen Delaney. His second wife was Helen Lark Hall. Pekar's third wife was writer Joyce Brabner, with whom he collaborated on Our Cancer Year, agraphic novel autobiography of his harrowing yet successful treatment for lymphoma. He lived in Cleveland Heights, Ohio with Brabner and their foster daughter Danielle.
- Writes about jazz and books for various publications.
- Works as a file clerk to support himself.
- Lives in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Winner of the 1987 American Book Award for his autobiographical comic book American Splendor.
- Paid $100 for his first appearance on Letterman. He joined AFTRA some time afterward and was paid $600 for his final appearance.
- Writes a comic book called American Splendor. Various artists draw the artwork for the comic book scripts Harvey writes.
- Radio commentator for WKSU-FM in Kent, Ohio.
- He and his wife Joyce Brabner are the legal guardians of teenager Danielle Batone.
Related sites for this celeb