Aug. 12th, 1972
Fort Ord, California, USA
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Grey DeLisle was born August 24, 1973, outside of Monterey in Fort Ord, CA. Her mother was a singer and musician while her father was a truck driver who loved country music. Her parents eventually divorced, however, and DeLisle's mother, after struggling with drug addiction and alcoholism, became a born-again Pentecostal, and her strict ban on secular music in the home drove DeLisle to seek solace from her grandmother.
DeLisle moved to Los Angeles while still in her teens, where she began working a little in theater, even trying a standup comedy routine, where her natural ability to do voice impressions came to the fore. Soon she was picking up voice acting jobs, including roles in 'The Fairly OddParents', 'The Powerpuff Girls', 'Rugrats', 'Grim & Evil', 'Dexter's Laboratory', and many other animated movies and shows.
- Voice actress, most notable as "Mandy" and "Major Doctor Ghastley" on Cartoon Network programs, as well as "Vicky" and "Princess Azula" on Nickelodeon programs.
- Frequently the voice of Daphne Blake in Scooby-Doo animated movies and video games
- Participated with her musician husband in an episode of the TLC documentary program "A Wedding Story" as Grey and Murray, which first aired in October 2002 on The Learning Channel.
- Third album, The Graceful Ghost, set for release in March 2004.
- Husband Murry Hammond plays in the band Old 97s, as well as in Grey's own band.
- Son Jefferson Texas "Tex" Hammond born January 31, 2007.
- Fourth album, "Iron Flowers," released June 14, 2005.
Related sites for this celeb