May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
George Clooney's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen, stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Is the first (and only) actor who played Batman (in _Batman & Robin (1997)_ (qv) to win an Oscar (for Best Supporting Actor in _Syriana (2005)_ (qv)).
- (1997) Was voted "Sexiest Man Alive" by People Magazine.
- Personal stunt doubles are stunt men 'Brad Martin (I)' (qv), 'Troy Hartman' (qv) and James E. Mitchell.
- Played a gangster in seven movies: _From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)_ (qv), _Out of Sight (1998)_ (qv), _O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)_ (qv), _Ocean's Eleven (2001)_ (qv), _Welcome to Collinwood (2002)_ (qv), _Ocean's Twelve (2004)_ (qv), and _Ocean's Thirteen (2007)_ (qv).
- Appears on the cover of the first Men's Vogue. (2005)
- Heads his own film and television production company, Maysville Pictures.
- Good friends with actor 'Mark Wahlberg (I)' (qv).
- As of 2006, he is the only regular cast member from _"ER" (1994)_ (qv) to win an Oscar (for Best Supporting Actor in _Syriana (2005)_ (qv)).