May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
George Clooney's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen, stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Was a pallbearer at the funeral of his late aunt, 'Rosemary Clooney' (qv).
- Turned down the role of Sgt. 'John McLoughlin (II)' (qv) in _World Trade Center (2006)_ (qv).
- (March 2004) His relationship with 'Krista Allen' (qv), whom he met on the set of _Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002)_ (qv), ended after 2 years.
- Good friends with actor 'Mark Wahlberg (I)' (qv).
- Appears on the cover of the first Men's Vogue. (2005)
- Lives at Lago di Como in Italy.
- Quit the WGA in April 2008 after the union turned down his wish to be credited as a co-writer for _Leatherheads (2008)_ (qv). He felt that he was let down by the union.
- In 2007, Forbes Magazine estimated his earnings for the year at $25 million.