May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
George Clooney's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen, stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Committed to _O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)_ (qv) before even reading a script.
- Is frequently cast as a soldier, as seen in _The Thin Red Line (1998)_ (qv), _The Peacemaker (1997)_ (qv), _Three Kings (1999)_ (qv), and _The Good German (2006)_ (qv).
- He got his start in a movie starring his cousin, 'Miguel Ferrer' (qv). Later, after Clooney had established himself on _"ER" (1994)_ (qv), Ferrer made a guest appearance on the very first show. George's aunt, 'Rosemary Clooney' (qv), made guest appearances on two shows the first month _"ER" (1994)_ (qv) aired.
- Helped celebrate a plan to rebuild a hospital in hurricane-devastated Louisiana alongside former President 'George Bush (I)' (qv) [George H. W. Bush]. The pair appeared outside the courthouse in Cameron Parish, the only surviving building in the town following Hurricane Rita. Bush presented local officials with a check for $2 million from the Bush-Clinton Katrina fund. The money will help run South Cameron Memorial Hospital once it has been rebuilt. Former _"ER" (1994)_ (qv) star Clooney quipped, "There is good news in all of this, which is that when the hospital gets up and running, I will not be doing any of the medical procedures" (20 December 2006).
- (August 2006) He and his producing partner 'Steven Soderbergh' (qv) have decided to close down their Section Eight production company after six years of working partnership.
- Dated 'CÚline Balitran' (qv) from 1996 to 1999.
- He auditioned for the role of Mr. Blonde/Vic Vega in _Reservoir Dogs (1992)_ (qv), but was turned down.
- One of People Magazine's "Top 50 Bachelors" (2002).