May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
George Clooney's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen, stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- (1996) Chosen by People (USA) magazine as one of the "50 Most Beautiful People in the World."
- (March 2004) His relationship with 'Krista Allen' (qv), whom he met on the set of _Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002)_ (qv), ended after 2 years.
- Turned down two roles which went to 'Kevin Kline (I)' (qv): "Artemus Gordon" in _Wild Wild West (1999)_ (qv) and "Guy Noir" in _A Prairie Home Companion (2006)_ (qv).
- His _The Peacemaker (1997)_ (qv) co-star 'Nicole Kidman' (qv) presented him his Best Supporting Actor Oscar in 2006.
- He and 'Grant Heslov' (qv) founded production company Smoke House after his production company Section Eight closed down.
- Committed to _O Brother, Where Art Thou? (2000)_ (qv) before even reading a script.
- Supports Senator 'Barack Obama' (qv)'s bid to win the Democratic nomination for the 2008 presidential election.
- Good friends with actor 'Mark Wahlberg (I)' (qv).