May. 6th, 1961
Lexington, Kentucky, USA
George Clooney's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in Lexington, Kentucky, as son of Nick Clooney, a TV newscaster of many years, who hosted a talk show at Cincinnati and often invited George into the studios already at the age of 5. Avoiding competition with his father, he quit his job as broadcast journalist after a short time.
Studied a few years at Northern Kentucky University. Failed to join the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. He came to acting when his cousin, Miguel Ferrer, got him a small part in a feature film. After that, he moved to L.A. in 1982 and tried a whole year to get a role while he slept in a friend's closet. His first movie, together with Charlie Sheen, stayed unreleased but got him the producers' attention for later contracts.
- Boyfriend of 'Elisabetta Canalis' (qv) [July 28, 2009].
- Ranked #21 on Premiere's 2006 "Power 50" list. Had ranked #43 in 2005.
- Is a Dallas Mavericks fan.
- Sought the role of Jack in _Sideways (2004)_ (qv). However, the film's director, 'Alexander Payne (I)' (qv), felt that he was too big a star, and turned him down in favor of 'Thomas Haden Church' (qv).
- Son of actor and AMC host 'Nick Clooney' (qv) and Nina Warren Clooney.
- (March 2004) His relationship with 'Krista Allen' (qv), whom he met on the set of _Confessions of a Dangerous Mind (2002)_ (qv), ended after 2 years.
- Good friends with actor 'Mark Wahlberg (I)' (qv).
- Tried out for a position on the Cincinnati Reds baseball team.