Feb. 13th, 1971
Los Angeles, California, USA
Galen Gering's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Galen Gering was born on February 13, 1971 and raised in Los Angeles, California by French and Spanish hippie parents. He is the younger sibling (he has an older sister named Charissa). Galen remembers that the hippie lifestyle was hard (in a recent interview he said they lived on Macaroni and Cheese and Top Ramen). His mother was an artist and his father a sculptor but he was closest to his Grandmother, also an artist.
At the age of 18, Galen moved to New York City to start a modeling career and finished high school through the mail. He was hired as a model and traveled most of Europe before going to NYU for a year. He finished his college days at the University of Miami where he studied creative writing and film. In May of 1999, Galen graduated with honors but was busy working on "Passions" (1999), a job he learned about through his girlfriend Jenna's agent.
Galen and Jenna moved to California where both pursued acting careers. He worked on two independent films "Road Trip" and "Pistol Whipped" and was named one of People Magazine's 50 most beautiful people. In January of 2000, Galen and Jenna eloped to Vegas but later had a larger wedding where they announced their nuptials in April of that year.
Galen also is a filmmaker and writer and spends time playing Pro-am beach volleyball. He also loves his two dogs, Wyle and Bandit and works with a charity called New Leash For Life. He can currently be seen on the NBC Daytime drama "Passions" (1999) as Luis Lopez-Fitzgerald.
- Wed on January 3, 2000 at the Graceland Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas, Nevada
- His name means 'calm healer' in Greek
- Graduated from the University of Miami with degrees in filmmaking and creative writing in 1999
- Second son, Jensen Gering, was born in July 2008. He weighed 10 lbs. 12 oz.
- Former model and has appeared in over 50 national commercials.
- Hippie parents decided to give him a Greek name because they wanted to call him something off-beat
- First child, a son named Dillon Phoenix, with wife, Jenna was born on Thursday, August 3, 2006. He was born in Los Angeles, California, arriving at 6:16pm and weighing 8lbs 4 oz.
- Is of French, Spanish and Russian descent.