Jul. 20th, 1963
Syracuse, New York, USA
5' 7 1/2"
Frank Whaley's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Frank Whaley grew up in Syracuse, New York, and left home at eighteen to pursue an acting career. His older brother Robert originally wanted to be an actor but Frank later became interested in the profession and followed in his brother's footsteps. He not only has a brother but two sisters as well. His brother is the lead singer of the New York based band, the Niagras, and was also the composer for Frank's directorial debut Joe the King (1999). Frank makes his home in New York and is close friends with actor Ethan Hawke who he made friends with on the set of A Midnight Clear (1992).
- Gained 30 pounds for role in _Homage (1995)_ (qv).
- Made his acting debut on the New York stage in "Tigers Wild".
- Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1991" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 43.
- Has a brother named Robert Whaley and two sisters.
- Brother of musician/composer/actor 'Robert Whaley (I)' (qv).
- Has 2 children with his wife Heather Bucha.
- Wife 'Heather Bucha' (qv), graduate of Colby College, is a playwright and actress, author of "Social Notes: An Evening with Dorothy Parker".
- Plays bit parts in big movies and successful star vehicles (_Pulp Fiction (1994)_ (qv), _JFK (1991)_ (qv), _Broken Arrow (1996)_ (qv), _The Freshman (1990)_ (qv), _Born on the Fourth of July (1989)_ (qv) and _Red Dragon (2002)_ (qv)), and leads in mostly bad movies (_Career Opportunities (1991)_ (qv), _Cold Dog Soup (1990)_ (qv), and _The Jimmy Show (2001)_ (qv)).