89 (passed away Jan. 30th, 2016)
Aug. 6th, 1926
Farnworth, Lancashire, England, UK
Frank Finlay's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Francis Finlay, CBE, known as Frank Finlay, was an English stage, film and television actor, known for Common as Muck, How Do You Want Me?, The Sins, Life Begins, Bouquet of Barbed Wire, Merlin and Four Seasons.
- Appeared in two films about Sherlock Holmes solving the Ripper murders ("A Study in Terror" and "Murder By Decree"): in both he played Inspector Lestrade.
- He graduated from RADA (Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts) in London, England.
- Did not serve in World War II.
- The 9th edition of Halliwell's Filmgoer's Companion erroneously credits him as having died in 1986.
- An Associate Member of RADA.
- He was awarded the CBE (Commander of the Order of the British Empire) in the 1984 New Year's Honours List for his services to drama and was presented with his award by 'Queen Elizabeth II' (qv) in February 1984 investiture ceremony.
Related sites for this celeb