Jul. 8th, 1978
Ystradgynlais, Wales, UK
Eve Myles' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Eve Myles is an award winning Welsh actress of stage and screen. She is best known to Welsh audiences for her portrayal of Ceri Owen in the BBC Wales drama Belonging, and to audiences worldwide for her role as Gwen Cooper in the science fiction show Torchwood, a spin-off from Doctor Who.
Born in Ystradgynlais, Wales, Myles attended Ysgol Maes Y Dderwen, where she was in the same class as fellow actor 'Steve Meo'. Myles grew up with a strong interest in boxing, and practiced for a while although she states she gave up the sport after breaking her knuckles. After training as an actress and completing a Bachelor of Arts degree in acting at the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama in Cardiff, she graduated in 2000 and moved to London with her long-time partner, Bradley Freegard. Myles gave birth to the couple's first daughter, Matilda Myles Freegard (b. November 10, 2009)
- In 2005 she appeared as a maidservant who died to save the world in an episode of _"Doctor Who" (2005)_ (qv) and so impressed the writer 'Russell T. Davies' (qv) that he cast her as the female lead in the spin-off series _"Torchwood" (2006)_ (qv).
- She has acted with the National Theatre and Royal Shakespeare Company and in 2005 a paper called The Western Mail voted her the seventh most sexy Welsh female celebrity.
- Along with 'Freema Agyeman' (qv), 'John Barrowman' (qv), 'Naoko Mori (I)' (qv) and 'Gareth David-Lloyd' (qv), she is one of only five actors to play the same character (Gwen Cooper) in both _"Doctor Who" (2005)_ (qv) and _"Torchwood" (2006)_ (qv).
- Eve was born in a town called Ystradgynlais and attended the Ysgol Maes Y Dderwen school with fellow actor 'Steve Meo' (qv).
- Eve is expecting her first child, due November 6th, with long-time partner Bradley Freegard.