Jun. 21st, 1978
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Erica Durance's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Erica Durance is a Canadian actress, best known for her role as Lois Lane in the television series Smallville, as Dr. Alex Reid in the medical drama series Saving Hope amd as Alura Zor-El in the tv series Supergirl.
She started out with background work, graduating to commercials and then guest-starring roles, landing more substantial roles each time. In 2003, she was in House of the Dead, and in 2004, she guest-starred on The Chris Isaak Show playing Ashley, a woman on a date with Chris. In Tru Calling, her character was a contender in a beauty pageant opposite Eliza Dushku's character. On the Sci-Fi Channel, she played an intergalactic librarian in Andromeda and a love interest for Teal'c in Stargate SG-1. She also played a sister to one of the leads in the Canadian show The Collector.
In 2004, Durance was cast as Lois Lane on Smallville at the start of the 4th season. Durance was a frequent guest star as Lois for the 4th season of Smallville and was then promoted as a series regular for the start of the 5th season. She remained part of the regular cast for the remainder of the series run which ended in 2011. She also appeared as Lois Lane in the 2019 tv series Batwoman
In 2012, Durance was cast in the lead role for an NBC/CTV medical drama Saving Hope, where she is also a producer.
In 2011 Durance was nominated for a Saturn Award for Best Actress in a Television series for her work in Smallville. This was followed up with a Teen Choice Award nomination for best actress in a Fantasy/Sci-Fi show. In their special issue on the week of May 25, 2012, Canadian edition of Hello listed Durance as one of Canada's 50 Most Beautiful People. On May 30, BuddyTV ranked Durance #9 on their list of Summer 2012's Hottest Women of TV.
After her first marriage she was credited as Erica Parker, but changed it back as soon as she got divorced. Durance married Canadian actor, writer and director David Palffy in 2005.
- Ranked on Entertainment Weekly's "Sci-fi Hotties of '09: The Women".
- Her favorite movies are the BBC version of "Pride and Prejudice", _Elizabeth (1998)_ (qv), "The Lord of the Rings", _Underworld (2003)_ (qv) and _Trainspotting (1996)_ (qv).
- Works out 6 days a week and does cardio, weightlifting, and yoga for at least 1 and 1/2 hours to 2 hours. Relies on high protein and low carbs/fats for her diet.
- First discovered by well known agent/talent scout 'Jeff Palffy' (qv), formerly of Ford Models, now with PMG Management in Vancouver.
- Posed for the '2007 Women of Sci-Fi' Calender which was produced by Christopher Judge (who was also the photographer) and Michael Shanks.
- Trained with a friend who is an exotic dancer to prepare for her role in a _"Smallville" (2001)_ (qv) episode where "Lois Lane" plays a stripper.
- Loves singing and is a trained singer.
- Is of French Candian descent.