Apr. 18th, 1963
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Eric McCormack's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Eric James McCormack (born April 18, 1963) is a Canadian/American actor, musician, writer and producer.
Born and raised in Toronto, Ontario. McCormack attended Stephen Leacock Collegiate Institute (the same school Mike Meyers attended) and Sir John A. Collegiate High school. With the support of his parents (his father was also an aspiring actor), McCormack spent three years at the Ryerson Theater School in Toronto and the Banff Center for the Arts, and went on to spend five seasons with Canada's Stratford Festival - he graduated 'lead' status in such stage classics as "A Midsummer Night's Dream", "Henry V" and "The Three Sisters". McCormack then moved to Vancouver, British Columbia, where he also moved into television and movies and gained a devoted following of fans.
McCormack makes his home in both Vancouver and Los Angeles.
- Has a sister named Ellen.
- A graduate for Ryerson University's School of Theatre (Toronto)
- The producers of the _"Highlander" (1992)_ (qv) television series liked Eric's performance in _"Lonesome Dove: The Series" (1994)_ (qv) so much that they created a character specially for him. In the Highlander episode Manhunt, McCormack played Matthew McCormick, an immortal working as a federal who tracks serial killers. The producers were so happy with this episode they considered giving Eric his own spin-off series.
- Set up his own production company called Big Cattle Productions to develop ideas for TV. The name of his company came about, as is usually the case for Eric, out of humor. By shortening the word production you get Big Cattle Prod.
- Son, Finnigan Holden McCormack, born 1 July 2002 in Los Angeles.
- He became a US citizen, and now holds dual citizenship with the US and Canada.
- Named his son Finnigan after the puppet in _"Mr. Dressup" (1967)_ (qv). He refers to his acting repertoire as his "tickle trunk" also from that show.
- Attended Stephen Leacock Collegiate Institute High School in Scarborough, Canada. It is the same high school that 'Mike Myers (I)' (qv) went to.