Nov. 6th, 1988
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Emma Stone's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Emma Stone (born November 6, 1988) in Scottsdale, Arizona, to Krista (Yeager), a homemaker, and Jeffrey Stone, a contracting company founder and CEO. Stone began acting as a child as a member of the Valley Youth Theatre in Phoenix, Arizona, where she made her stage debut in a production of Kenneth Grahame's The Wind in the Willows. She appeared in many more productions through her early teens until, at the age of 15, she decided that she wanted to make acting her career.
The official story is that she made a PowerPoint presentation, backed by Madonna's "Hollywood" and itself entitled "Project Hollywood", in an attempt to persuade her parents to allow her to drop out of school and move to Los Angeles. The pitch was successful and she and her mother moved to LA with her schooling completed at home while she spent her days auditioning.
She had her TV breakthrough when she won the part of Laurie Partridge in the VH1 talent/reality show In Search of the Partridge Family (2004) which led to a number of small TV roles in the following years.
Her movie debut was as Jules in Superbad (2007) and, after a string of successful performances, her leading role as Olive in Easy A (2010) established her as a star.
- Convinced her parents to let her move to Hollywood when she was fourteen by making a Powerpoint presentation aptly titled, Project Hollywood.
- Although she's known as a redhead. Her natural hair color is blonde. It was Judd Apatow who suggested she change her hair color for 'Superbad' and she kept it.
- Was originally cast as Amber in Sucker Punch (2010) but dropped out due to scheduling conflicts.
- In House Bunny, she originally auditioned for Ashley, the Phi Iota Mu president, but got cast as Natalie.
- Ranked #93 in FHM's 100 sexiest women in the world 2009.
- Ranked #66 in Maxim magazine's hot 100 list of 2009.
- Her parents owned the Camelback Golf Course.
- Attended Xavier College Preparatory in Phoenix, AZ.