Oct. 8th, 1968
Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
Emily Procter's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Emily Procter is a native of Raleigh, N.C. who attended East Carolina University. "I tried to get in the theatre department", she says, "but it was full." After graduation, however, she moved to Los Angeles and landed a number of small roles in films such as Jerry Maguire (1996). "Then I got the chance to audition for "The West Wing" (1999) and I got the part", she says.
- Before she became an actress, she was a weather reporter for a local TV station. She was promoted to crime reporter, but left soon afterwards because the work was "too gory".
- Although she plays a character with a very serious personality on _"CSI: Miami" (2002)_ (qv), says that she is a very "silly, goofy" person in real life.
- Member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority at ECU
- Was chosen for a Distinguished Alumni Award by her high school, Ravenscroft School in Raleigh, North Carolina, in 2006.
- She collects bugs as a hobby.
- Majored in journalism at University
- Her father, William, was a general practitioner. Her mother, Barbara, was a volunteer. They divorced when Emily was 2.
- Loves construction, might have been an interior decorator.