Mar. 27th, 1970
Los Angeles, California, USA
Elizabeth Mitchell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Elizabeth Mitchell (born March 27, 1970) in Los Angeles. Shortly after her birth, her parents moved to Dallas, Texas. She was graduated from 'Booker T. Washington' High School for the Performing and Visual Arts located in the Arts District of downtown Dallas. Later, she earned a BFA degree in acting from Stephens College and also studied at the British American Drama Academy. Additionally, she spent six years at the respected Dallas Theatre Center and one year with that theater's Encore Company. Before her big screen debut, she started her acting career from theaters. Her theatrical stage credits include productions of As You Like It, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Measure for Measure, Baby and Chicago, among many others.
Her breakthrough performance was opposite 'Angelina Jolie' in Michael Cristofer's acclaimed HBO telefilm Gia (1998) endearing her to audiences and critics, alike. Following with the sci-fi time-travel adventure, Frequency (2000) with 'Dennis Quaid' and Neil LaBute's highly anticipated Nurse Betty (2000) opposite 'Renee Zellweger', Mitchell showed her charismatic acting skills. With numerous credits from theaters, TV series and movies, Mitchell continues to give her best in the acting field.
- Graduated from Stephens College in 1991 with a Fine Arts Degree.
- In 1995, lived with boyfriend 'David Lee Smith (I)' (qv) (ex-Brent on the soap _"One Life to Live" (1968)_ (qv)) on Manhattan's Upper West Side.
- Parents are real estate and tax attorneys with their own firm about 5 blocks from their house in Dallas.
- Spent the back end of 2001 starring opposite 'Ioan Gruffudd' (qv) as Cyd in _Man and Boy (2002) (TV)_ (qv) which aired in March, 2002 on BBC 1 TV.
- In 1994, did Hertz Rent-A-Car commercial but "they pulled it because of the O.J. thing."
- Broke her nose during filming of the movie _Frequency (2000)_ (qv).
- Two younger sisters Kristina Helen "Kristie" Mitchell (b. 1978) and Katherine Day "Kate" Mitchell (b. 1982). In _"ER" (1994)_ (qv), Elizabeth's character, Dr. Legaspi, went out with two friends called 'Christy' and 'Kate', it is reported that the names were inspired by the names of Elizabeth's sisters.
- Returned to the U.S. from Europe after a lengthy run as Rosalind in a theater production "As You Like It".