Mar. 27th, 1970
Los Angeles, California, USA
Elizabeth Mitchell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Elizabeth Mitchell (born March 27, 1970) in Los Angeles. Shortly after her birth, her parents moved to Dallas, Texas. She was graduated from 'Booker T. Washington' High School for the Performing and Visual Arts located in the Arts District of downtown Dallas. Later, she earned a BFA degree in acting from Stephens College and also studied at the British American Drama Academy. Additionally, she spent six years at the respected Dallas Theatre Center and one year with that theater's Encore Company. Before her big screen debut, she started her acting career from theaters. Her theatrical stage credits include productions of As You Like It, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Measure for Measure, Baby and Chicago, among many others.
Her breakthrough performance was opposite 'Angelina Jolie' in Michael Cristofer's acclaimed HBO telefilm Gia (1998) endearing her to audiences and critics, alike. Following with the sci-fi time-travel adventure, Frequency (2000) with 'Dennis Quaid' and Neil LaBute's highly anticipated Nurse Betty (2000) opposite 'Renee Zellweger', Mitchell showed her charismatic acting skills. With numerous credits from theaters, TV series and movies, Mitchell continues to give her best in the acting field.
- Broke her nose during filming of the movie _Frequency (2000)_ (qv).
- In 1995, lived with boyfriend 'David Lee Smith (I)' (qv) (ex-Brent on the soap _"One Life to Live" (1968)_ (qv)) on Manhattan's Upper West Side.
- Graduated from Stephens College in 1991 with a Fine Arts Degree.
- Gave birth to a son, Christopher Joseph Soldevilla, Jr., on 4 September 2005.
- Has been cast in 'Rob Lowe (I)' (qv)'s new pilot show, _"The Lyon's Den" (2003)_ (qv), which is to start filming later in the year (2003).
- Fell in love with her co-star, 'Gary Bakewell' (qv), who played her on-screen husband, 'Paul McCartney' (qv), when the two filmed _The Linda McCartney Story (2000) (TV)_ (qv) (in which she starred as 'Linda McCartney' (qv)). They eventually married, but have since divorced.
- Returned to the U.S. from Europe after a lengthy run as Rosalind in a theater production "As You Like It".
- Parents are real estate and tax attorneys with their own firm about 5 blocks from their house in Dallas.