Dec. 30th, 1980
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Eliza Dushku's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Eliza Patricia Dushku is an American actress and producer, became widely known for her starring as Faith in the supernatural drama series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spin-off series Angel. She also held lead roles as Echo in Dollhouse, June Pepper in Leap Year, and Tru Davis in Tru Calling.
She made her acting debut in 1992 with the drama film, That Night, at the age of 10. After the success of her first film, Dushku was cast in several other leading productions by famous and established directors. Her breakthrough, however, came through television. After appearing as a slayer in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, she became a global phenomenon at a young age.
Subsequently, she starred in some of the most popular Hollywood movies, such as Bring It On, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and The Alphabet Killer. Apart from performing in front of the camera, she is also known for voice acting, and has voiced for many popular video games and animation series.
She was recently seen in the TV series Bull, and Banshee, and has been named as a lead role in an upcoming series titled The Black Company.
In addition to acting, she is sometimes seen on stage at the Children's Theater signing for the deaf.
- She ranked #93 (2001) and #58 (2002) in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women.
- While filming _Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)_ (qv), was called Duck Shoot by director 'Kevin Smith (I)' (qv) after he mispronounced her last name accidentally.
- She went to an audition for the part of Mary Jane Watson in _Spider-Man (2002)_ (qv). In one of the specials of the _Spider-Man (2002)_ (qv) DVD you can see her reading opposite 'Tobey Maguire' (qv). The role later on went to 'Kirsten Dunst' (qv), after 'Kate Hudson (I)' (qv) declined the offer. 'Alicia Witt' (qv) was actually set to play that part in the end, but when 'Sam Raimi' (qv) saw 'Kirsten Dunst' (qv), she was a last minute audition, he chose her.
- She ranked #13 (2002) in Maxim's 100 Sexiest Women.
- Her maternal grandfather Richard Costley Rasmussen died at March 30th 2006. He was survived by his wife, Barbara Porter Hegsted.
- She ranked #76 (2002) in FHM-USA's 100 Sexiest Women.
- Her mother, Judy (born Judith Rasmussen), is a university administrator-professor at Suffolk University; her Father, Philip R. Dushku, is an administrator-teacher in the Boston Public Schools.
- Has been working with acting coach, Peter Kelley, since she was a child.