Dec. 30th, 1980
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Eliza Dushku's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Eliza Dushku (born December 30, 1980) is an actress.
Born in Boston, she has studied the piano, drums, and several types of dance (jazz, tap, and ballet). Her previous acting experience includes numerous amateur presentations at the Watertown Children's Theater where she was part of the company since she was in the first grade. In addition to acting, she is sometimes seen on stage at the Children's Theater signing for the deaf.
Dushku was discovered at the end of a five-month search throughout the United States for the perfect girl to play the lead role of Alice opposite Juliette Lewis in the film That Night (1992). Since then, she has been in several films and has worked with actors such as 'Robert De Niro', 'Ellen Barkin', 'Leonardo DiCaprio', 'Paul Reiser', and 'James Belushi'.
- Her maternal grandfather Richard Costley Rasmussen died at March 30th 2006. He was survived by his wife, Barbara Porter Hegsted.
- Ranked #38 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- While on location, she surrounds herself with pictures of family and friends.
- While filming _Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)_ (qv), was called Duck Shoot by director 'Kevin Smith (I)' (qv) after he mispronounced her last name accidentally.
- She went to an audition for the part of Mary Jane Watson in _Spider-Man (2002)_ (qv). In one of the specials of the _Spider-Man (2002)_ (qv) DVD you can see her reading opposite 'Tobey Maguire' (qv). The role later on went to 'Kirsten Dunst' (qv), after 'Kate Hudson (I)' (qv) declined the offer. 'Alicia Witt' (qv) was actually set to play that part in the end, but when 'Sam Raimi' (qv) saw 'Kirsten Dunst' (qv), she was a last minute audition, he chose her.
- The tattoo she wore as Faith was fake.
- Her mother, Judy (born Judith Rasmussen), is a university administrator-professor at Suffolk University; her Father, Philip R. Dushku, is an administrator-teacher in the Boston Public Schools.
- Sister of 'Nate Dushku' (qv).