Dec. 30th, 1980
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Eliza Dushku's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Eliza Dushku (born December 30, 1980) is an actress.
Born in Boston, she has studied the piano, drums, and several types of dance (jazz, tap, and ballet). Her previous acting experience includes numerous amateur presentations at the Watertown Children's Theater where she was part of the company since she was in the first grade. In addition to acting, she is sometimes seen on stage at the Children's Theater signing for the deaf.
Dushku was discovered at the end of a five-month search throughout the United States for the perfect girl to play the lead role of Alice opposite Juliette Lewis in the film That Night (1992). Since then, she has been in several films and has worked with actors such as 'Robert De Niro', 'Ellen Barkin', 'Leonardo DiCaprio', 'Paul Reiser', and 'James Belushi'.
- Her maternal grandfather Richard Costley Rasmussen died at March 30th 2006. He was survived by his wife, Barbara Porter Hegsted.
- Was legally emancipated from her parents because of the restrictive laws that limit the hours that a minor is allowed to work.
- Ranked #38 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- While filming _Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001)_ (qv), was called Duck Shoot by director 'Kevin Smith (I)' (qv) after he mispronounced her last name accidentally.
- Hosted the 2005 Winter Venatian Masquerade in New York.
- Is of Albanian, Danish and Colonial English descent.
- Of the three leads in _Bring It On (2000)_ (qv), she was the only one who wasn't a cheerleader in high school.
- For a long period of time she refused to do nude scenes. She once stated "You have a better chance of seeing God than me naked". Still in 2008, she appeared topless in the film "The Alphabet Killer".