Dec. 30th, 1980
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Eliza Dushku's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Eliza Patricia Dushku is an American actress and producer, became widely known for her starring as Faith in the supernatural drama series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spin-off series Angel. She also held lead roles as Echo in Dollhouse, June Pepper in Leap Year, and Tru Davis in Tru Calling.
She made her acting debut in 1992 with the drama film, That Night, at the age of 10. After the success of her first film, Dushku was cast in several other leading productions by famous and established directors. Her breakthrough, however, came through television. After appearing as a slayer in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, she became a global phenomenon at a young age.
Subsequently, she starred in some of the most popular Hollywood movies, such as Bring It On, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and The Alphabet Killer. Apart from performing in front of the camera, she is also known for voice acting, and has voiced for many popular video games and animation series.
She was recently seen in the TV series Bull, and Banshee, and has been named as a lead role in an upcoming series titled The Black Company.
In addition to acting, she is sometimes seen on stage at the Children's Theater signing for the deaf.
- Stated in an interview that she is terrified of flying and will only do so if she has religious artifacts with her.
- Her favorite sport is Women's Ice Hockey.
- Has been working with acting coach, Peter Kelley, since she was a child.
- She started her career by getting hurt at one of her brother Nate's auditions and impressing the talent scouts with her emphasized drama.
- Shares a birthday with actress 'Kristin Kreuk' (qv), actor-model-singer 'Tyrese Gibson' (qv), and some famous athletes: 'Tiger Woods' (qv), NBA superstar 'LeBron James' (qv), and former Olympic sprinter 'Ben Johnson (VIII)' (qv).
- According to Chinese calendar and astrology, she was born in the year of the monkey.
- Her maternal grandfather Richard Costley Rasmussen died at March 30th 2006. He was survived by his wife, Barbara Porter Hegsted.
- Planned to attended Suffolk University and be an English major, but she backed out at the last minute after she landed the role of Faith in _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv).