Dec. 30th, 1980
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Eliza Dushku's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Eliza Dushku (born December 30, 1980) is an actress.
Born in Boston, she has studied the piano, drums, and several types of dance (jazz, tap, and ballet). Her previous acting experience includes numerous amateur presentations at the Watertown Children's Theater where she was part of the company since she was in the first grade. In addition to acting, she is sometimes seen on stage at the Children's Theater signing for the deaf.
Dushku was discovered at the end of a five-month search throughout the United States for the perfect girl to play the lead role of Alice opposite Juliette Lewis in the film That Night (1992). Since then, she has been in several films and has worked with actors such as 'Robert De Niro', 'Ellen Barkin', 'Leonardo DiCaprio', 'Paul Reiser', and 'James Belushi'.
- For a long period of time she refused to do nude scenes. She once stated "You have a better chance of seeing God than me naked". Still in 2008, she appeared topless in the film "The Alphabet Killer".
- When she was told her naturally deep, husky voice was destroying her vocal chords, she went to a vocal coach to learn to speak in a higher register.
- She started her career by getting hurt at one of her brother Nate's auditions and impressing the talent scouts with her emphasized drama.
- She did a political, social, and economic study of women in post-apartheid South Africa with her mother.
- Was featured as #13 in Maxim Magazine's "Hot 100 of 2002" supplement. (2002)
- She ranked #44 (2000), #13 (2001), #28 (2002) and #63 (2003) in Stuff's Sexiest Women.
- She ranked #76 (2002) in FHM-USA's 100 Sexiest Women.
- Is of Albanian, Danish and Colonial English descent.