Dec. 30th, 1980
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Eliza Dushku's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Eliza Patricia Dushku is an American actress and producer, became widely known for her starring as Faith in the supernatural drama series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its spin-off series Angel. She also held lead roles as Echo in Dollhouse, June Pepper in Leap Year, and Tru Davis in Tru Calling.
She made her acting debut in 1992 with the drama film, That Night, at the age of 10. After the success of her first film, Dushku was cast in several other leading productions by famous and established directors. Her breakthrough, however, came through television. After appearing as a slayer in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, she became a global phenomenon at a young age.
Subsequently, she starred in some of the most popular Hollywood movies, such as Bring It On, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and The Alphabet Killer. Apart from performing in front of the camera, she is also known for voice acting, and has voiced for many popular video games and animation series.
She was recently seen in the TV series Bull, and Banshee, and has been named as a lead role in an upcoming series titled The Black Company.
In addition to acting, she is sometimes seen on stage at the Children's Theater signing for the deaf.
- Says when she was young child her best friend lived in a funeral home and they would often hang out in the mortuary after school, thus desensitizing her to the image of dead bodies. She comments, "It was very 'Six Feet Under'.".
- Attended the San Diego Comic Convention on July 25th, 2004, for a Q&A session.
- Ranked #38 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- The tattoo she wore as Faith was fake.
- Was featured as #13 in Maxim Magazine's "Hot 100 of 2002" supplement. (2002)
- When she was told her naturally deep, husky voice was destroying her vocal chords, she went to a vocal coach to learn to speak in a higher register.
- Has been working with acting coach, Peter Kelley, since she was a child.
- Turned down a _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv) spin-off (based on her character, Faith) for her role on _"Tru Calling" (2003)_ (qv).