Dec. 30th, 1980
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Eliza Dushku's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Eliza Dushku (born December 30, 1980) is an actress.
Born in Boston, she has studied the piano, drums, and several types of dance (jazz, tap, and ballet). Her previous acting experience includes numerous amateur presentations at the Watertown Children's Theater where she was part of the company since she was in the first grade. In addition to acting, she is sometimes seen on stage at the Children's Theater signing for the deaf.
Dushku was discovered at the end of a five-month search throughout the United States for the perfect girl to play the lead role of Alice opposite Juliette Lewis in the film That Night (1992). Since then, she has been in several films and has worked with actors such as 'Robert De Niro', 'Ellen Barkin', 'Leonardo DiCaprio', 'Paul Reiser', and 'James Belushi'.
- Is good friends with _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv) and _"Angel" (1999)_ (qv) co-star 'Julie Benz' (qv), although the two never appeared together in an episode of either show. Dushku has said that she would love for Benz to appear in an episode of _"Dollhouse" (2009)_ (qv).
- 'Jamie Lee Curtis' (qv) is her idol.
- Has been working with acting coach, Peter Kelley, since she was a child.
- She started her career by getting hurt at one of her brother Nate's auditions and impressing the talent scouts with her emphasized drama.
- Stated in an interview that she is terrified of flying and will only do so if she has religious artifacts with her.
- Has worked with both halves of the Buffy season-five bad guy Glory/Ben outside of the Buffy show: 'Clare Kramer' (qv) in _Bring It On (2000)_ (qv) and 'Charlie Weber' (qv) in _The Kiss (2003) (V)_ (qv).
- When she was told her naturally deep, husky voice was destroying her vocal chords, she went to a vocal coach to learn to speak in a higher register.
- Ranked #38 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.