Nov. 30th, 1982
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Elisha Cuthbert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Elisha Cuthbert carried the success from Popular Mechanics for Kids and Are You Afraid of the Dark? into a featured role on the hit FOX series 24. Though she spent the majority of her youth in Montreal, Cuthbert moved to Los Angeles at age 17 in order to pursue an acting career. Featured roles as a reluctant pilot in Airspeed(1998) and a time traveling teen in Time at the Top (1999), it was obvious that her talent was growing. Her role in the made-for-Canadian-television feature Lucky Girl only furthered her reputation as a dramatically capable actor, and her distinct onscreen facial expressions and convincing performance soon caught the eyes of producers who were preparing a new thriller series for FOX.
Elisha's cast as Jack Bauer's daughter, Kimberly in the hit series 24, Cuthbert's character suffered through multiple kidnappings and a mountain lion attack over the course of the series' first two seasons. Cuthbert took a supporting role in the comedy Old School before appearing in the subsequent romantic comedies Love Actually (2003) and The Girl Next Door (2004), the latter of which found her taking the lead as an ex-porn star who becomes the object of affection to a lonely suburban boy unaware of her past.
- Auditioned but lost the lead role to 'Kirsten Dunst' (qv) in _Spider-Man (2002)_ (qv).
- Speaks French as a result of growing up in Montreal.
- Ranked #6 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- Both her mother and brother play on Hockey Teams in Canada.
- Named #54 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
- While trotting the globe as a correspondent for the award-winning series _"Popular Mechanics for Kids" (1997)_ (qv), she caught the eye of First Lady 'Hillary Rodham Clinton' (qv) and was invited to Washington for a meeting with her.
- She left Canada at the age of 17 to move to Los Angeles, California to pursue an acting career. Had a deadline of 6 weeks. By the end of the 5th week was given the role of Kimberley Bauer on Fox's _"24" (2001)_ (qv).
- Parents are Kevin and Patricia Cuthbert