Nov. 30th, 1982
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Elisha Cuthbert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Elisha Cuthbert carried the success from Popular Mechanics for Kids and Are You Afraid of the Dark? into a featured role on the hit FOX series 24. Though she spent the majority of her youth in Montreal, Cuthbert moved to Los Angeles at age 17 in order to pursue an acting career. Featured roles as a reluctant pilot in Airspeed(1998) and a time traveling teen in Time at the Top (1999), it was obvious that her talent was growing. Her role in the made-for-Canadian-television feature Lucky Girl only furthered her reputation as a dramatically capable actor, and her distinct onscreen facial expressions and convincing performance soon caught the eyes of producers who were preparing a new thriller series for FOX.
Elisha's cast as Jack Bauer's daughter, Kimberly in the hit series 24, Cuthbert's character suffered through multiple kidnappings and a mountain lion attack over the course of the series' first two seasons. Cuthbert took a supporting role in the comedy Old School before appearing in the subsequent romantic comedies Love Actually (2003) and The Girl Next Door (2004), the latter of which found her taking the lead as an ex-porn star who becomes the object of affection to a lonely suburban boy unaware of her past.
- Both her mother and brother play on Hockey Teams in Canada.
- Named #54 in FHM magazine's "100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006" supplement. (2006).
- She left Canada at the age of 17 to move to Los Angeles, California to pursue an acting career. Had a deadline of 6 weeks. By the end of the 5th week was given the role of Kimberley Bauer on Fox's _"24" (2001)_ (qv).
- Ranked #5 in FHM 100 Sexiest Women (2005).
- Ranked #25 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Received Paris Hilton's autobiography and Paris Hilton's perfume by her _House of Wax (2005)_ (qv) co-star 'Paris Hilton' (qv) for Elisha's 22nd Birthday.
- Speaks French as a result of growing up in Montreal.
- Shares a birthday with the following celebrities: 'Ben Stiller' (qv), singer 'Clay Aiken' (qv), _"8 Simple Rules... for Dating My Teenage Daughter" (2002)_ (qv) star 'Kaley Cuoco' (qv), 80s punk rocker 'Billy Idol' (qv) and 'Dick Clark (I)' (qv).