Feb. 3rd, 1971
Poughkeepsie, New York, USA
Elisa Donovan's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Elisa Donovan (born Lisa Adaline Donovan; February 3, 1971) is an American actress, writer, and producer.
Elisa was born Lisa Adaline Donovan in Poughkeepsie, New York, the daughter of Charlotte and Jack Donovan, who was a business executive. She later changed her first name to "Elisa" when she had to join the stage union, Actor's Equity, because there was already an actress in that union named Lisa Donovan. She grew up on Long Island where she was an accomplished gymnast, dancer and equestrian. She began studying acting at age 12. She attended The New School, in New York City, where she studied writing, literature and acting. She moved to Los Angeles in 1994 and got her first sitcom role as Tanya on Blossom.
Donovan's major breakthrough role was in the film Clueless as Amber, Cher's nemesis. Donovan also reprised her role in the television series of the same name. Other notable roles included the film A Night at the Roxbury, Beverly Hills, 90210 as Ginger LaMonica and playing Morgan Cavanaugh on the television sitcom Sabrina, the Teenage Witch. She also played Sharona on Disney Channel's Sonny with a Chance, and has appeared in the films Complacent, The Dog Who Saved Christmas, and its sequel The Dog Who Saved the Holidays. Donovan starred in the web series, The Lake on TheWB.com. Additionally, Donovan played Gayle, an insurance agent in the small town of Maple Grove, in the web series In Gayle We Trust on NBC.com.
Donovan also had a role in the film A Golden Christmas, where she played Anna, the funny, younger sister of the main character.
In 2006 she played a guest role in the NCIS episode "Dead and Unburied".
She was also featured in 'N Sync's 1999 music video for "Thinking of You (I Drive Myself Crazy)" as the love interest for Joey Fatone.
Donovan and her husband Charlie Bigelow have a daughter Scarlett Avery Bigelow (born May 8, 2012). They were married on October 20, 2012.
- Went to High School with Chris Messina, Joe Roseto and Robert Bagnell.
- Is on the steering committee for The Young Literati - a philanthropic and social organization that raises funds to support The Library Foundation of Los Angeles.
- Has a story published in book "Feeding The Fame", 2006, detailing her anorexia and recovery.
- Dated 'Donal Lardner Ward' (qv).
- Was offered the role of Rayven in the script "Momentum", but production was canceled. First choice of the role was offered to Gina Gershon.
- Speaks Castilian Spanish fluently.
- Has a story in a Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul book about how she fought anorexia.
- Attended The New School For Social Research in New York City.
Related sites for this celeb