Jan. 28th, 1981
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, USA
Elijah Wood's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Elijah Jordan Wood (born January 28, 1981), in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, to Warren and Debbie Wood. He has an older brother Zack and a younger sister 'Hannah Wood'. At an early age Wood showed a knack for entertaining and wowing audiences, and his mother decided to take him to Los Angeles for an Annual International Modeling and Talent Association convention. He quickly landed himself an acting job. Soon he began popping up in commercials and then in small parts on television, but he got his first major part appearing in Avalon (1990).
His acting career took off from there, and he began appearing in films such as Paradise (1991), Radio Flyer (1992) and Forever Young (1992), with 'Mel Gibson'. After The Good Son (1993) with 'Macaulay Culkin', Wood appeared in North (1994). Although the film was deemed a flop at the box office, Wood was praised as the only good thing to come out of it.
In 1996 Wood starred in a movie remake of an old TV show, Flipper (1996), and immediately regained his old strength. He appeared in countless films after that. Many critics wondered if his ability as a child actor to capture an audience was wearing thin, as had many child actors', but Wood has proved that it has only made him stronger. Deep Impact (1998) and The Faculty (1998) were produced after that, and were quite successful.
In 1999 Wood was in three movies that never made it into wide release: The Bumblebee Flies Anyway (1999) (released on satellite TV), Black and White (1999) (released on home video) and Chain of Fools (2000). Wood next went to work on what has been called the biggest project ever to hit the movies, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, based on the books by 'J.R.R. Tolkien'.
- Served as the Bacchus of the 2004 Mardi Gras Parade, and returned the next year.
- Parents' names are Warren and Debbie Wood.
- In 2005, he started his own record label.
- In the original book "The Lord of the Rings," Frodo is 50 years old when he leaves Bag End, which makes him the oldest of the four lead hobbits. Wood is actually the youngest of the four actors.
- Owns one of two prop rings used in "Lord of the Rings." The other went to 'Andy Serkis' (qv), who played Gollum.
- Was ranked #16 in E's 50 cutest child stars all grown up (2005).
- Each of the nine Fellowship members got the same tattoo: the number nine written in Elvish. Elijah's is on his pelvic bone on the right side.
- Wears clear contact lenses.