Jun. 27th, 1987
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England, UK
Ed Westwick's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Edward "Ed" Westwick (born June 27, 1987) is an English actor best known for his role as Chuck Bass in the main cast on the American television series Gossip Girl.
Born in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England. He trained at the National Youth Theatre in London. He is a Chelsea fan, and appeared on the British television series Doctors as Holden, Casualty as Johnny Cullin and Afterlife as Darren. His film credits include Breaking and Entering, Children of Men and Son of Rambow. He has also appeared in the sequel to Donnie Darko, which was released straight to DVD on 12 May 2009, and the horror film 100 Feet.
Westwick fronted the British indie rock band The Filthy Youth, composed of himself, Benjamin Lewis Allingham, Jimmy Wright, Mitch Cox, and John Vooght. While he is now inactive in the band, largely because he wants to focus on his acting career and the other band members are still based in the U.K., he has expressed an interest in forming another group in New York.
Westwick became the new face of K-Swiss, making him the second member of the Gossip Girl cast to endorse sportswear (Leighton Meester endorsed Reebok).
Westwick has been cast as Heathcliff, alongside Gemma Arterton as Cathy, in director Peter Webber's adaptation of Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights, which is due to begin filming in late 2009. He has also been set to guest star in the third season of Californication as a student who is fascinated with vampire literature.
He is currently dating co-star Jessica Szohr,.
- Has two older brothers.
- During an interview with Radio 1 he said that his favorite movies are The Dark Knight and The Godfather Part II.
- His best friend is English actor Rafi Gavron. They met on the set of their movie "Breaking and Entering" in 2006.
- Dream Job: Landscape Gardening.
- Cites American Psycho as one of his favorite films, and frequently watches it with his co-star Chace Crawford.
- He is the lead singer of the band The Filthy Youth.
- He is romantically involved with his "Gossip Girl" co-star Jessica Szohr..
- His father lectures in business studies and his mother is an educational psychologist.