Apr. 7th, 1988
Chichester, England, UK
Ed Speleers' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Edward John "Ed" Speleers is an English actor and producer. He is best known for playing the title role in the 2006 film Eragon, as well as starring in Golden Globe and Emmy award-winning TV series Downton Abbey.
- He attended at Eastbourne College, a private boarding school located in East Sussex. He left school June 2006, before completing his A-Levels, to undertake the lead role in _Eragon (2006)_ (qv).
- Has enjoyed participating in school plays since the age of three. Notably, in his secondary school years, he played the lead roles in his school's productions of 'Richard III' and 'Hamlet'.
- He beat out 180,000 other applicants to win the title role in _Eragon (2006)_ (qv), a big-screen version of a popular novel by author 'Christopher Paolini' (qv).
- He had a girlfriend named Amy Davis who did not attend the premiere of Eragon in England with him as the producers wanted him to appear single. She is now training as a make-up artist without him.
- He was suggested for the role of Peter Pevensie in the Narnia series, but in the end 'William Moseley (I)' (qv) got the part.
- He has two tattoos. One is a nautical star on his right wrist in memory of his five best friends. Each point of the star represents one of them. Each one of the five friends also has a star. The other tattoo is "Ramble On" on his left hip (after his favorite Led Zeppelin song).
- His favorite actor is 'James Dean (I)' (qv).
- Is an only child. His parents are divorced and his mother now resides in Spain. His father, John, is a financial consultant in London.