Jul. 13th, 1951
Brooklyn, New York
Didi Conn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Edith Conn, professionally known as Didi Conn, is a film, stage and television actress, known for The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang, Grease 2, Benson, Shining Time Station and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
- The mother of a son diagnosed with autism, she was named national celebrity spokesperson for Autism Speaks in 2008. She has also been a spokesperson for the National Alliance for Autism Research, now part of Autism Speaks. She has performed at benefits for Foundation for Education Children with Autism (FECA).
- Mother of a son named Danny.
- She wanted to read the role of Rizzo at her _Grease (1978)_ (qv) audition, but the producers decided that she was exactly right to play the part of Frenchy.
- Stepmother of 'Matthew Shire' (qv).
- Younger brother is bass-baritone opera star 'Richard Bernstein (II)' (qv).
- She has a son, with 'David Shire' (qv), born in 1992.
- Executive produced a children's animated series called "Didi Delightful," which will introduce a recurring character with autism.
- Was considered for the role of Olive Oyl in _Popeye (1980)_ (qv)
Related sites for this celeb