Nov. 1st, 1969
London, England, UK
Diane Parish's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Diane Parish is an English actress. She is known for her roles Eva Sharpe in ITV drama The Bill and Denise Fox in BBC soap opera EastEnders.
After graduating from London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, she worked mainly in theatre, including playing Cordelia in Talawa Theatre Company's 1994 production of King Lear.
Parish has appeared in various television roles. In Lovejoy, she played Beth Taylor, the replacement for the character Eric Catchpole. Another television role was as Lola Christie, girlfriend of Mick McFarlane, the manager of the EastEndersnight cafe, in 1998.
Parish has also appeared in television dramas including The Bill and its spin-off M.I.T.: Murder Investigation Team, playing DC Eva Sharpe. Before The Bill she starred in Babyfather, for which she received the Royal Television Society's best actress award in 2001 – the first black actor to win a major RTS award.
Parish returned to EastEnders in May 2006, but this time playing regular character Denise Fox. She departed from the soap opera temporarily in January 2008 in order to give birth to her daughter, returning in June 2008.
Parish appeared as Millie in the 1996 film Indian Summer (also released under the title Alive And Kicking).
- Lives with her partner Sebastian and daughter Kenya
- She is a graduate of London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA).
- Her partner Sebastian, whom she has been in a relationship with since 2001, proposed to her on her 38th birthday (November 2007).
- Was in attendance at the wedding of her _"EastEnders" (1985)_ (qv) co-star 'Samantha Womack' (qv) to 'Mark Womack (I)' (qv) (17 May 2009).
- Is best friends with 'Lindsey Coulson' (qv) and 'Maggie O'Neill (I)' (qv).
- Is of Afro-Caribbean descent. Her father is from Dominica and her mother is from Montserrat.
- Is a close friend of _"EastEnders" (1985)_ (qv) co-star 'Rita Simons' (qv).
- Starred in London's West End production of "The Vagina Monologues" (2005).
Related sites for this celeb