Aug. 19th, 1938
New York City, New York
5' 5 1/2
Diana Muldaur's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Diana Charlton Muldaur is an American film and television actress. Muldaur's television roles include L.A. Law's Rosalind Shays and Dr. Katherine Pulaski in the second season of Star Trek: The Next Generation. She' been Emmy-nominated three times: twice for L.A. Law and once for Born Free.
Born in New York City, but raised on Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts, Muldaur started acting in high school and continued on through college, graduating from Sweet Briar College in Virginia in 1960. She studied acting under Stella Adler and made her name on the New York stage. She was at one point a board member of the Screen Actors Guild and was the first woman to serve as president of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.
- Diana's younger brother is singer/songwriter 'Geoff Muldaur' (qv).
- Said in an interview in People Magazine in 2000, that the L.A. Law-actors were like family to her, but that she didn't have fond memories of the cast of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
- A former Screen Actors Guild board member, she later went on to become president of the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences.
- Playmates Toys released an action figure in her likeness as the character "Dr. Pulaski" from _"Star Trek: The Next Generation" (1987)_ (qv).
- Ex-sister-in-law of 'Maria Muldaur' (qv).
- In celebration of the _"Star Trek" (1966)_ (qv) 40th Aniversary, several conventions were held in its honor. Diana hadn't done a Star Trek convention in 10 years. She participated in one in Las Vegas on Sept. 15, 2006, along with several other Star Trek veterans.
- Graduate of Sweet Briar College (1960).
- Fairly well-known breeder, owner, and judge of Airedale Terriers.
Related sites for this celeb