Jun. 2nd, 1954
San Mateo, California, USA
Dennis Haysbert's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Dennis Dexter Haysbert (born June 2, 1954) is an American film and television actor. He is known for portraying Nelson Mandela in Goodbye Bafana (also released under the name The Color of Freedom), baseball player Pedro Cerrano in the Major League film trilogy, President David Palmer on the American television series 24, and Sergeant Major Jonas Blane in The Unit, as well as his work in commercials for Allstate insurance. He is also known for his authoritative, bass voice.
- He has two children: Charles & Katharine.
- Graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts (AADA).
- He is also a certified Deep Sea Diver per Discovery Channel "Secrets of Pearl Harbor" in June 2008 that he hosts, narrates and stars in.
- Lives in Malibu, California.
- Attended San Mateo High School in San Mateo, California.
- Enjoys golf, tennis and scuba diving in his spare time.
- His parents were married for 51 years before his father's death.
- A car buff, he owns both a Range Rover and a Bentley. (2006).