Dec. 2nd, 1955
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Dennis Christopher's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Dennis Christopher (born Dennis Carrelli; December 2, 1955) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He is of half Italian descent and half Irish descent.
Christopher's breakthrough role was as Dave Stoller in the coming-of-age classic Breaking Away (1979). His performance won him the BAFTA Award for Most Promising Newcomer and the Youth in Film Award for Best Juvenile Actor in a Motion Picture, as well as garnering a Golden Globe nomination.
Christopher's other roles include American track star Charlie Paddock in Chariots of Fire, and tragic film buff psychopath Eric Binford in Fade to Black, Damon in The Falling (1985), Nathan Flowers in A Sinful Life (1989), and science fiction movies like Plughead Rewired: Circuitry Man II. Television roles include "Jack of All Trades" in the Profiler TV series, Eddie Kaspbrak in Stephen King's It, Desmond Floyd in Jake Speed, and in the HBO series Deadwood.
Christopher has guest starred in two Star Trek episodes: the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "The Search (Part II)" and the Star Trek: Enterprise episode "Detained". He also guest-starred as the demon-sorcerer Cyvus Vail in three episodes of Angel.
Christopher had a reunion with his Breaking Away "father" Paul Dooley, again as his son, in an episode of TV's Law & Order: Criminal Intent. The two had first played father and son in Robert Altman's A Wedding.
In December 2006 he played Dr. Martin Ruber in the Sci Fi Channel miniseries The Lost Room. Christopher played a character named Leonide Moguy in Quentin Tarantino's film Django Unchained (2012).
- Graduated from Monsignor Bonner High School, Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania--Class of 1968 (as Dennis Carrelli).
- (1979) Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1979" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 31.
- Has been acting for 40 years with his first major gig happening in 1967 at the age of 12 in the sci fi series "Time Tunnel" where he was the main guest star portraying the young magician Merlin.
- 'Paul Dooley' (qv) and Christopher have played father and son twice in movies: Liam and Hughie Brenner in "A Wedding" (1978), and Raymond and Dave Stoller in _Breaking Away (1979)_ (qv). They later played father and son (Stan and Roger Coffman) in the "Cherry Red" episode of _"Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (2001)_ (qv).
- Was actually 23 years old when he played the role in _Breaking Away (1979)_ (qv), for which he won a Best Juvenile Actor in a Motion Picture Award.
Related sites for this celeb