Aug. 13th, 1964
Queens, New York, USA
Debi Mazar's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Deborah "Debi" Mazar (pronounced /məˈzɑr/ or /ˈmeɪzɑr/; born August 13, 1964) is an American actress, perhaps best known for her trademark Jersey Girl-type appearances, and as edgy, sharp-tongued women in independent films and her recurring role on the HBO series Entourage as Shauna Roberts.
Mazar was born in Jamaica, Queens, New York, the daughter of Nancy and Harry Mazar. Her father was born in the Latvian SSR, Soviet Union, to a Jewish family, while her mother was a Catholic who converted to Judaism and later became a Buddhist, and for a period of time studied with Jehovah's Witnesses.
- Is of Latvian descent.
- Did 'Madonna' (qv)'s make-up for the 1988 Broadway production of "Speed-the-Plow", which inspired her to take acting lessons.
- Last name is pronounced May-zahr.
- Welcomed first child, daughter, Evelyn Maria on July 12th 2002.
- Famous for hosting parties.
- Welcomed second daughter, Giulia Isabel Mazar-Corcos, on 17 March 2006.
- Skipping college, she worked as a makeup artist and was a fixture on the 1980s club scene, where she befriended a then-struggling 'Madonna' (qv).
- Grew up on Manhattan's lower east side.