81 (passed away Jun. 22nd, 2018)
May. 30th, 1937
Oak Park, Illinois, USA
Deanna Lund's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Deanna Lund was an American film and television actress best known for her role in the Irwin Allen television series Land of the Giants, in which she played the character of Valerie Ames Scott.
Lund studied acting at Rollins College in Winter Park, and, after a brief marriage to a rodeo rider, worked as a weather girl on a TV station in Miami. A single mother with two young children, Lund came to Hollywood, and soon appeared as a beautiful robot in Dr. Goldfoot and the Bikini Machine (1965), starring Vincent Price, Frankie Avalon and Dwayne Hickman. Lund also appeared opposite Frank Sinatra in Tony Rome (1967) and as Anna Gram in The Riddler (John Astin), on ABC’s Batman, leading to her being cast on the show.
Lund worked on programs like Love, American Style; The Waltons; The Incredible Hulk and General Hospital; and in the films Hustle (1975) opposite Burt Reynolds; Hardly Working (1981), starring Jerry Lewis; and Transylvania Twist (1989).
Deanna Lund died at her home in Century City of pancreatic cancer
- Was a cheerleader in high school.
- Acted in campus productions of plays by 'Arthur Miller (I)' (qv) and 'Tennessee Williams (I)' during her freshman year at Rollins College in Winter Park, Florida.
- Her first marriage was to a rodeo rider. The marriage lasted four years and produced two children, Randy and Kim.
- Mother of 'Michele Matheson' (qv) by her ex-husband, 'Don Matheson (I)' (qv), who is also an actor.
- Dated TV host 'Larry King (I)' (qv) in the 1990s.
Related sites for this celeb