Oct. 28th, 1974
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Dayanara Torres' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Young beauty queen raised in small town of Toa Alta, Puerto Rico. Represented Toa Alta in the Miss Puerto Rico contest, where she won. Eventually represented Puerto Rico in the 1993 Miss Universe contest, where she walked away with the crown. After winning the crown, she filmed a movie for famed Puerto Rican director Jacobo Morales ("Linda Sara") before heading off to the Philippines to host local talk show and film several movies there. Learned Tagalog. After returning to Puerto Rico released two salsa/merengue albums, but didn't fair too well in sales. A doll created in her likeness (similar to a Barbie doll) was a big seller in Puerto Rico and the Philippines. Married singer Mark Anthony in 2000.
- Was born on same day, year and city as 'Joaquin Phoenix' (qv)
- Her parents are divorced
- One of the youngest Miss Universe winners (won at 18)
- Speaks Spanish, English, and Tagalog (main language of the Philippines).
- 2nd son Ryan Anthony Muniz born August 16th 2003 with husband Marc
- Lived in the Philippines from 1994 to 1995 and danced on a TV show in Manila.
- Loves to ride horses
- She became the 3rd Miss Universe of Puerto Rico