Oct. 28th, 1974
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Dayanara Torres' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Young beauty queen raised in small town of Toa Alta, Puerto Rico. Represented Toa Alta in the Miss Puerto Rico contest, where she won. Eventually represented Puerto Rico in the 1993 Miss Universe contest, where she walked away with the crown. After winning the crown, she filmed a movie for famed Puerto Rican director Jacobo Morales ("Linda Sara") before heading off to the Philippines to host local talk show and film several movies there. Learned Tagalog. After returning to Puerto Rico released two salsa/merengue albums, but didn't fair too well in sales. A doll created in her likeness (similar to a Barbie doll) was a big seller in Puerto Rico and the Philippines. Married singer Mark Anthony in 2000.
- She even sang a duet during the pageant Miss Universe 1994 with Peabo Bryson, called "A Whole New World". Little did she know that night that her own life would, once again, take an exciting turn and that she would be living in a whole new world herself.
- She wanted to be an orthodontist before winning the 1993 Miss Universe pageant
- Gave birth to son Cristian Anthony on February 6, 2001.
- Her son Cristian was named after Mexican singer 'Cristian Castro', because her former husband, 'Marc Anthony (I)' (qv), is a major fan/friend of his.
- Speaks Spanish, English, and Tagalog (main language of the Philippines).
- Her parents are divorced
- In honor of her beauty and talent, the Dayanara doll was launched in 1998, complete with a crown, and outfits of a singer, dancer, and model. The doll was immediately sold out in Puerto Rico and the Philippines.
- Studied voice lesson under 'Ryan Cayabyab' (qv).