Jan. 11th, 1963
Los Angeles, California, USA
Dawn Lyn's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Dawn Lyn made her acting debut at four years old in the low-budget, independent Cry Blood, Apache (1970). It wasn't until she was 12 that she discovered she had played a Native American boy in the movie. She was the original Prudence in pilot for "Nanny and the Professor" (1970) TV series. By the time the pilot sold at the last minute, Dawn had already been released from her contract and had been cast as Dodie in "My Three Sons" (1960). The producers of "Nanny and the Professor" unsuccessfully sued in an attempt to get her back. She worked steadily, financially supporting her family, until her mid-teens. She says her petite stature began to work against her instead of for her, as it had when she was a child.
Dawn decided to branch out professionally, instead of concentrating on acting, and has done many things over the years. One of those includes co-owning a boutique on Pier 39 when she lived in San Francisco. People often ask her if she will act again; her answer is that while she has not actively pursued roles, that door is not closed.
- Sister of singer/actor 'Leif Garrett' (qv). She co-starred with him in an episode of _"Wonder Woman" (1976)_ (qv) playing a girl with a crush on the singer. The two also starred as brother and sister in all three original Walking Tall Films. Mother Carolyn Steller appeared as a Nurse in _Walking Tall Part II (1975)_ (qv).
- Daughter of 'Rick Nervick' (qv) and 'Carolyn Stellar' (qv).
- Had a German Shepherd, named Thor, as a child. They got the dog because of a kidnap threat. A prison escapee claimed to be Dawn's father and said he was going to kidnap her and flee the country. Dawn's mom was notified by a relative who knew the man; he was caught soon after.
- Daughter-in-law of 'Bill Reese (I)' (qv).
- As an adult, she went on to counsel budding child actors and their parents, about the pros and cons of the industry.
- During the filming of _Shoot Out (1971)_ (qv), when Dawn was 7, 'Gregory Peck' (qv) saved her from a fall and potential serious injury. The incident occured while they were rehearsing the scene where Decky jumps onto the caboose of a moving train.
Related sites for this celeb