Apr. 18th, 1971
Bathgate, West Lothian, Scotland, UK
Guest TV Roles[none found]
David Tennant is a Scottish actor and voice actor, known for Doctor Who, Broadchurch, Gracepoint, W1A, Jessica Jones, DuckTales, Dragons: Race to the Edge, and Final Space.
- Has a brother, Blair, and a sister, Karen.
- Graduated from the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama.
- Along with 'Elisabeth Sladen' (qv), 'John Leeson' (qv), 'Tommy Knight' (qv), 'Alexander Armstrong' (qv) and 'Lachele Carl' (qv), he is one of only six actors to play the same character in both _"Doctor Who" (2005)_ (qv) and _"The Sarah Jane Adventures" (2007)_ (qv).
- Attended Paisley Grammar.
- Won Best Actor, Theatre Management Association, for his role in "The Glass Menagerie" as Tom.
- Is only the 2nd actor to play The Doctor in the whole run of the show, both old and new, to have been born in Scotland.
- He was nominated for a 2003 'Laurence Olivier' (qv) Theatre Award for Best Actor of 2002 for his performance in "Lobby Hero" performed at the Donmar Warehouse and the New Ambassador's Theatres.
- Is the second Scots actor to be cast as the Doctor. The first was 'Sylvester McCoy' (qv), who was cast as the seventh Doctor in the original series. McCoy's time in the TARDIS was from 1987 to 1989.