Apr. 18th, 1971
Bathgate, West Lothian, Scotland, UK
Guest TV Roles[none found]
David Tennant is a Scottish actor and voice actor, known for Doctor Who, Broadchurch, Gracepoint, W1A, Jessica Jones, DuckTales, Dragons: Race to the Edge, and Final Space.
- Graduated from the Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama.
- Chose his acting surname from 'Neil Tennant' (qv), singer with Pet Shop Boys. This came after reading an interview with Tennant in Smash Hits shortly after learning that he would have to change his professional name in order to join the actors' union, Equity, as there was already a registered member with his real name, David McDonald.
- Along with 'Elisabeth Sladen' (qv), 'John Leeson' (qv), 'Tommy Knight' (qv), 'Alexander Armstrong' (qv) and 'Lachele Carl' (qv), he is one of only six actors to play the same character in both _"Doctor Who" (2005)_ (qv) and _"The Sarah Jane Adventures" (2007)_ (qv).
- (2000) Nominated for Best Classical Actor Under 30, 'Ian Charleson' (qv) Award for his theater role in "Comedy of Errors" as Antipholus of Syracuse.
- Considers Paisley as his hometown.
- Father is Alexander (Sandy), a retired minister; mother Helen died of cancer in July 2007.
- Favorite actress is 'Audrey Hepburn' (qv).
- Says that his favorite Doctor from the original _"Doctor Who" (1963)_ (qv) was 'Peter Davison (I)' (qv), who reprised his role as the Fifth Doctor alongside Tennant in the Children in Need special episode, "Time Crash.".