Nov. 2nd, 1966
Flushing, New York
David Schwimmer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
David Lawrence Schwimmer is an American actor, director, producer and comedian.
- Was so busy filming _The Pallbearer (1996)_ (qv) that he missed 'Lisa Kudrow' (qv)'s wedding.
- Has worked extensively on the stage both as actor and director
- (April 2000) Called up a London talk show to deny false claims that cast members of _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv) were demanding $1,000,000 each per episode.
- Is on the board of directors of the Rape Foundation for the Rape Treatment Center of Santa Monica
- Before _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv) Schwimmer competed against high-school friend 'Jonathan Silverman (I)' (qv) and actor 'Jon Cryer' (qv) for a role in the TV pilot _Couples (1994) (TV)_ (qv). Silverman won the role opposite 'Helen Slater (I)' (qv), but ABC passed on the show. The producers later reconceived the show for singles and sold it to NBC as _"Friends" (1994)_ (qv) in which Schwimmer was the first actor to be cast.
- Split up from 'Mili Avital' (qv) in November 2001
- Along with best friend & fellow actor 'Joey Slotnick' (qv), he helped found the Looking Glass Theater Company, based in Chicago, Illinois.
- January 2003 - Premiered his play "Turnaround" at the 99-seat West Hollywood Coast theater. All of his "Friends" were in attendance.