Oct. 20th, 1971
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Dannii Minogue's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Danielle Jane Minogue (born October 20, 1971), the youngest sister of 'Kylie Minogue' and brother 'Brendan Minogue'. By June 1978, she had secured a role in the Australian series Skyways (1979). A number of guest appearances followed, leading to her appearance as a Talent Discovery on the popular Young Talent Time (1971). Three years later, she became an official cast member. As Minogue's professional resume grew, so did her popularity. Her first fashion range, titled "Dannii", sold out in a record 10 days in 1988.
International stardom came when Dannii took the role of Emma Jackson in the popular soap opera Home and Away (1988), which led to her receiving the "Most Popular Female TV Personality" Award at the Australian Television Awards 1989 Logie Awards.
Her self-titled debut album was released in 1991. Her motion picture debut Secrets (1990) came in 1992, and she followed this success with a second album, "Get Into You", in 1993. Upon relocating to London in the early 1990s, Minogue hosted a series of talk shows for British television. After a break of three years, Minogue began work on her third album, "Girl", which was released on September 8, 1997.
- July 1992: Was honored to record a cover of The Jackson's track "Show You The Way To Go" for N.M.E's charity album "Ruby Trax". On 20th July 1992, the song was released as her sixth single in both the UK and Australia on 7" vinyl, 12" vinyl, CD and Cassette. The single peaked at #30 in the UK with royalties donated to the British Spastics Society. The single was accompanied by a video directed by 'Liam Kan' and H.L.A. This was the first single to be lifted from her second album "Get Into You".
- Mardi Gras Music asked her to launch their record label with the single "Everlasting Night", which was to become the Official Anthem for the 1999 Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras. (1999)
- December 1992: Voted amongst the World's Top 5 Best Female Stars by the readers of "Big Magazine" in the UK.
- Born on the same day as rapper/actor 'Snoop Dogg' (qv).
- Wednesday 9th August 2006: Attended the opening of "Celebrity" by Robin Sellick Exhibition at the Atrium, Crown Casino, Southbank in Melbourne, Australia. "Celebrity" is a free photo exhibition including portraits of more than 50 prominent Australians, including Dannii. The exhibition will travel to Sydney and Auckland through 2006 and will tour the United States in 2007.
- 22nd October 2004: Is appointed as the Ambassador for Young People for the Terrence Higgins Trust - the UK's leading HIV and sexual health charity. In December 2004, she assisted them in launching a campaign to raise awareness about HIV and encourage support from the public. The Wear Your Ribbon campaign coincided to promote World AIDS Day 2004. For the 2005 campaign, Dannii posed for a new photograph (funded by Hello! Magazine) to promote World AIDS Day 2005. It was hoped the photograph would help promote sales of the World AIDS Day red ribbons which directly raise funds for the Terrence Higgins Trust.
- May 1993: Together with her sister 'Kylie Minogue' (qv), mother 'Carol Minogue' (qv) and some of her sisters closest friends, was invited to "Breakfast At Tiffany's" to celebrate the 25th birthday of her sister Kylie, over a private breakfast in the board-room of the world famous jewelery store.
- Friday 7th October 2005: Attended the Pink Ice Ball (a charity event organized by Cancer Research) in London and read a special message from her dear sister 'Kylie Minogue' (qv) who at the time was undergoing treatment for breast cancer.