Jul. 23rd, 1989
Fulham, London, England, UK
Daniel Radcliffe's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Daniel Jacob Radcliffe (born July 23, 1989) to 'Alan Radcliffe' and 'Marcia Gresham'. He began performing in small school productions as a young boy. Soon enough, he landed a role in David Copperfield (1999), as the young David Copperfield. A couple of years later, he landed a role as Mark Pendel in The Tailor of Panama (2001), the son of Harry and Louisa Pendel ('Geoffrey Rush' and 'Jamie Lee Curtis').
Lee Curtis had indeed pointed out to Daniel's mother that he could be Harry Potter himself. Soon afterwards, Daniel was cast as Harry Potter by director, 'Chris Columbus' in the film that hit theatres in November 16, 2001, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001). He was recognized worldwide after this film was released. Pleasing audiences and critics everywhere, filming on its sequel, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002), commenced shortly afterwards. He appeared again as Harry in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) directed by 'Alfonso Cuar�n', and then appeared in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) directed by 'Mike Newell'.
Shortly afterwards, he finished filming December Boys (2007) in Adelaide, Australia, Kangaroo Island, and Geelong, Australia which began on the 14th of November, 2005 and ended sometime in December. On January 27th, 2006, he attended the South Bank Awards Show to present the award for "Breakthrough Artist of the Year" to 'Billie Piper'.
Radcliffe reprised his famous character once again for the next installment of the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007). In February 2007 he took on his first stage role in the West End play Equus to worldwide praise from fans and critics alike. He has finished filming the TV movie My Boy Jack (2007), which will air on November 11, 2007 in the UK.
Now being one of the world's most recognizable people, Radcliffe leads a somewhat normal life. He has made friends working on the Harry Potter films, which include his co-stars 'Rupert Grint' and 'Emma Watson'.
- Has stated that _12 Angry Men (1957)_ (qv) is the first black & white film he ever saw and is also his favorite film.
- In August 2009, The Trevor Project announced that Daniel Radcliffe had made a "major" donation to them and joined their "Circle of Hope," a group of their high-donating supporters. The Trevor Project operates a national (US) crisis and suicide prevention helpline for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) youth (who are four times more likely to attempt suicide than heterosexual children and teens). The Trevor Project was inspired by the short film _Trevor (1994)_ (qv), about a gay boy who attempts suicide; the organization was started by the film's creators in 1998.
- Named #23 on Empire Magazine's 100 Sexiest Movie Stars. (2007).
- [May/June 2006] He sat his AS Levels in English Literature, History, and Religion and Philosophy for his AS levels (First year college exams).
- Is also a big fan of 'The Killers' (qv).
- He is a huge fan of 'John Wayne (I)' (qv).
- He named 'Jane's Addiction' (qv), 'The Libertines' (qv), 'Rage Against the Machine' (qv) and 'The Darkness' (qv) among his favorite bands.
- His favorite book from the Harry Potter series so far is number three, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.