Jul. 23rd, 1989
Fulham, London, England, UK
Daniel Radcliffe's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Daniel Jacob Radcliffe (born July 23, 1989) to 'Alan Radcliffe' and 'Marcia Gresham'. He began performing in small school productions as a young boy. Soon enough, he landed a role in David Copperfield (1999), as the young David Copperfield. A couple of years later, he landed a role as Mark Pendel in The Tailor of Panama (2001), the son of Harry and Louisa Pendel ('Geoffrey Rush' and 'Jamie Lee Curtis').
Lee Curtis had indeed pointed out to Daniel's mother that he could be Harry Potter himself. Soon afterwards, Daniel was cast as Harry Potter by director, 'Chris Columbus' in the film that hit theatres in November 16, 2001, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (2001). He was recognized worldwide after this film was released. Pleasing audiences and critics everywhere, filming on its sequel, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2002), commenced shortly afterwards. He appeared again as Harry in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (2004) directed by 'Alfonso Cuar�n', and then appeared in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) directed by 'Mike Newell'.
Shortly afterwards, he finished filming December Boys (2007) in Adelaide, Australia, Kangaroo Island, and Geelong, Australia which began on the 14th of November, 2005 and ended sometime in December. On January 27th, 2006, he attended the South Bank Awards Show to present the award for "Breakthrough Artist of the Year" to 'Billie Piper'.
Radcliffe reprised his famous character once again for the next installment of the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (2007). In February 2007 he took on his first stage role in the West End play Equus to worldwide praise from fans and critics alike. He has finished filming the TV movie My Boy Jack (2007), which will air on November 11, 2007 in the UK.
Now being one of the world's most recognizable people, Radcliffe leads a somewhat normal life. He has made friends working on the Harry Potter films, which include his co-stars 'Rupert Grint' and 'Emma Watson'.
- The Guardian (UK) reported that Radcliffe has published some poetry under the pen name "Jacob Gershon." Jacob is his middle name, and Gershon is the original Yiddish name from which his mother's maiden name, Gresham, was derived.
- Dan scared the make-up department crew when he came on set with bloodied sticking plasters on his face claiming that he had been fighting the previous day (just for a laugh).
- He likes the music of 'The Strokes' (qv), 'The Clash' (qv) and 'Pixies' (qv).
- Voted Person of the Year 2002 by Time Kids.
- Is also a big fan of 'The Killers' (qv).
- In the 2003 Comic Relief fundraiser, a lock of Dan's hair sold at auction for 751 British pounds, the highest amount raised.
- Named as one of London's 1000 most influential people of 2008.
- He is a huge fan of 'John Wayne (I)' (qv).