Feb. 11th, 1971
St. John's Wood, London, England, UK
Damian Lewis' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Damian Lewis (born February 11, 1971), in St. John's Wood, London, England. He was raised by his parents, Watcyn and Charlotte Lewis, on Abbey Road in London until the age of 8 with his siblings Gareth, William, and Amanda. In 1979, he was sent to Ashdown House boarding school, then was educated at Eton College. At age 16, he formed his own theater company, then worked in South London, then traveled around Africa.
From 1990 to 1993, he studied at Guildhall School of Music and Drama, alongside 'Daniel Craig' and 'Joseph Fiennes'. Among his teachers was RSC stalwart 'Colin McCormack'. Lewis graduated in 1993, and worked on the stage, particularly with the Royal Shakespeare Company. There he was seen by director 'Steven Spielberg', who subsequently cast him as Richard Winters in the HBO/BBC miniseries Band of Brothers (2001), for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe, among other awards. Lewis continues his career in films, TV, and theater.
- Son, Gulliver Lewis, born 2 November 2007.
- Before his recent big screen appearances, Lewis was a stage actor for the Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Attended Eton College
- Graduated from Guildhall School of Music and Drama in 1993.
- Has competed twice in the Northern Rock All Star Cup, a golf tournament that pits celebrities from Europe against those of America. Lewis faced against such celebs as Meatloaf and Alice Cooper.
- Plays the guitar and the piano/keyboard.
- His castmates in _"Band of Brothers" (2001)_ (qv) were initially sceptical of how well he could handle playing an American. It turned out that he was so convincing (as an American) that some cast and crew didn't believe he was British!
- Father of Manon McCrory-Lewis, born on September 8, 2006, at 4:20 PM GMT. Mother is 'Helen McCrory' (qv).