Nov. 27th, 1953
Detroit, Michigan, USA
Curtis Armstrong's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Curtis Armstrong (born November 27, 1953) in Detroi, Michigan, the son of Norma E. (née D'Amico), a teacher, and Robert Leroy Armstrong. He graduated from Berkley High School in Berkley, Michigan, and later graduated from Oakland University in Rochester, Michigan.
His first role came in the 1983 hit film Risky Business. However, he is probably best known for his role of Booger in Revenge of the Nerds and its sequel Revenge of the Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise. He later reprised his role as Booger in the 1992 television movie Revenge of the Nerds III: The Next Generation and the 1994 television movie Revenge of the Nerds IV: Nerds in Love.
Armstrong's typecasting in the role was mocked in The Simpsons episode “E-I-E-I-(Annoyed Grunt)”. His other films include Better Off Dead, Big Bully, One Crazy Summer, Bad Medicine, National Lampoon's Van Wilder, Smokin' Aces, DodgeBall: A True Underdog Story, Jingle All The Way, Southland Tales, and Beer for My Horses. He also had a recurring role as Herbert Viola on the television series Moonlighting, and played the part of Ahmet Ertegün in the biographical film Ray(2004).
Armstrong provided the voice for Mr. Moleguaco on the Disney Channel original series The Emperor's New School. Curtis was also in Akeelah and the Bee and Max Keeble's Big Move. He played "Farley", a fictional composite character based on members of Elvis Presley's real entourage in the 1997 cult-comedy film Elvis Meets Nixon. He also had a bit part as "Russ" on the short-lived TV show Reaper.
He voices "Snot" on the animated sitcom American Dad!, parodying his role fromRevenge of the Nerds. He also had a role as Double Wide in the cartoon series Stroker and Hoop on Adult Swim. He appeared in the 2006 production of Akeelah and the Bee as Mr. Welch. He was on VH1's 100 Greatest Teen Stars despite being thirty when he played his first role. He played "Mecklen" in the 2007 film, Smokin' Aces.
- (1972) Graduated from Berkley High School in Berkley, Michigan
- An expert on the work of singer/songwriter 'Harry Nilsson' (qv).
- Classmate of musician 'Marshall Crenshaw' (qv). They both graduated Berkley High School, Berkley, Michigan.
- Claims that after doing _Revenge of the Nerds (1984)_ (qv), everyday of his life someone recognizes him as "Booger" (although he says this does not bother him in the least.)
- After high school he auditioned for, attended and graduated from the Academy of Dramatic Art (in Rochester, Michigan), which is also the alma mater of Robert Englund, Richard Reihle and Jayne Houdyshell.
- Has one daughter, Lily
- Played a character nicknamed Booger in _Revenge of the Nerds (1984)_ (qv) and a character called Snot in _"American Dad!" (2005)_ (qv).
Related sites for this celeb