Apr. 23rd, 1960
York, Pennsylvania, USA
Craig Sheffer's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Craig Eric Sheffer (born April 23, 1060) is an American film and television actor. He is known for his leading roles as Norman Maclean in the film A River Runs Through It and Aaron Boone/Cabal in the film Nightbreed, as well as his character Keith Scott on the television series One Tree Hill. Sheffer was born in York, Pennsylvania to a mother who worked in a nursing home and a father (Rock Sheffer) who worked as a prison guard and screenwriter. He has a daughter named Willow (b. November 8, 1993). Sheffer (in the year 1980), before becoming successful as an actor, under some inconvenient circumstances in his life, sold newspapers and "slept under the marble staircase" in Grand Central Terminal for weeks while living off Unification Church spaghetti dinners".
- He went to East Stroudsburg State University in East Stroudsburg, PA, to play football. He was at college for two years before he dropped out to pursue acting.
- He has a daughter (with 'Gabrielle Anwar' (qv)) 'Willow Anwar' (qv). She lives in Los Angeles and he goes back there as often as he can to spend time with her.
- In 1985 he suffered what he described as "a nervous breakdown", and was unable to leave his home for several months.
- Brother of writer 'Hogan Sheffer' (qv).
- His mom's name is Anna.
- He was diagnosed with cancer shortly after filming _Nightbreed (1990)_ (qv) in England. He decided to take time off to himself after the diagnosis and traveled around Europe and India. He finally returned to the US only two weeks before beginning filming on _Blue Desert (1991)_ (qv).
- In 1980 he moved to NYC at the urging of his girlfriend. But shortly after arriving he broke up with his girlfriend, lost his job and spent several weeks homeless - which included sleeping under the marble staircase in Grand Central Station. He later got back on his feet and found an agent and began getting acting jobs in commercials.
- In 1990 he claimed that he was previously diagnosed with cancer which subsequently went into remission after filming _A River Runs Through It (1992)_ (qv).