Nov. 8th, 1967
San Francisco, California, USA
Courtney Thorne-Smith's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
She was born in San Francisco, California, and grew up in Menlo Park, a suburb south of San Francisco. Her father, Walter Smith, was a computer market researcher and her mother Lora was a therapist. They divorced when Courtney was seven years old and she lived with both parents at different stages. She has an older sister, Jennifer, who is an advertising executive. She attended Menlo-Atherton High School, in Atherton, California, and graduated from Tamalpais High School, in Mill Valley, California, in 1985. She also performed with the Ensemble Theater Company in Mill Valley while attending high school. She is best known for her roles as Alison Parker on Melrose Place, Georgia Thomas on Ally McBeal, Cheryl in According to Jim, and her recurring role on Two and a Half Men as Lyndsey Mackelroy.
- Studied acting at the Ensemble Theatre Company in Northern California.
- (January 2008) She and her husband Roger Fishman welcomed son Jacob 'Jake' Emerson. Jake weighed in at 6 lbs, 13 oz, arrived after 12 hours of labor.
- Ex-husband, Andrew Conrad, is a genetic scientist.
- Courtney had an on-and-off screen romance with 'Andrew Shue' (qv) (Billy) during the filming of _"Melrose Place" (1992)_ (qv) but they split up split after a year.
- Once considered herself overly busty with a 32DD measurement but eschewed reduction surgery in favor of yoga which she says reshaped her figure of a C cup. "My body fat got redistributed, and my breasts got smaller."
- Was engaged to Robert Andrews.
- Her sister Jennifer is an advertising executive.
- Her father was a computer market researcher and her mother a therapist. They divorced when she was 7 and she lived with both at different stages.