Oct. 26th, 1978
Chicago, Illinois, USA
CM Punk's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Born in 1978, Phil Brooks had a hard life growing up on the streets where he was confronted by drugs and alcohol. Instead of giving into them, he turned away from them and decided to join the Straight Edge movement of being Alcohol, Drug and Cigarette free. In his teen years, Brook become a highly disciplined fighter in kick boxing and karate. Not knowing what to do with his life in his early twenties. Phil Brooks decided to join the Steel Domain Wrestling School and was trained by Ace Steel who instantly become one of his best friends.
Now going by the name CM Punk. He rose up the ranks in the Indy wrestling, where he perfected his craft. Punk started using his real life Straight Edge attitude as his wrestling gimmick and quickly become one of the most famous Indy wrestlers after his memorable matches with Chris Hero, Raven and Samoa Joe [He also become very close friends with Colt Cabana and Eddie Guererro]
Becoming the star of Indy Promotion Ring of Honor. C.M. Punk was offered a WWE try out, where he fought Val Venis in 2005 on Raw. Later that year Punk was given a World Wrestling Entertainment contract and head off to the WWE.
Sent to WWE's development school. C.M. Punk quickly become the top star there, and even won there World Championship. Before being called up to the main WWE show.
CM Punk debuted in late 2006 on ECW. Where he remained undefeated for months and quickly become the most popular superstar in the land of Extreme. At the 2006 Survivor Series Punk out shined his partners, by being cheered louder than his partners Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy and Matt Hardy. One week later he preformed in his first ECW main event at the December to Dismember Pay Per View. In 2007, he nearly won the Money in the Bank ladder match at WrestleMania, after defeating King Booker on SmackDown.
This lifted C.M. Punk up through the WWE ranks high enough to become the top star of ECW. Punk went onto disband the ECW group known as the New Breed, after defeating every single member of the group. Before starting a five month feud with the top bad guy of ECW, the self proclaimed Guru of Greatness John Morrison.
There rivalry came to a climax in September of 2007 where CM Punk defeated Morrison to earn the ECW World Championship after a hard fought match. As ECW Champion, CM Punk continued to carry ECW, with victory's over Elijah Burke, John Morrison, The Miz, Big Daddy V and Chavo Guererro.
As of 2008, CM Punk is still the main force behind the success of ECW, as he successfully defends his Extreme Championship Wrestling Title.
- 23rd June 2008, was drafted from ECW to Monday Night Raw.
- Has stated that the "CM" in his wrestling name has no real meaning. It originally stood for "Chick Magnet", which was the name of a tag team he was thrown into at the last minute. He likes to make up a different name each time he is asked about it. Some he has used are. "Cookie Monster", "Chicago Made", "Charles Manson", "Charles Montgomery", "Crooked Moonsault", among others.
- Is still good friends with long-time wrestling rival and TNA star Samoa Joe (Joe Seanoa).
- Since joining the newly revived _"Extreme Championship Wrestling" (2006)_ (qv) in July, 2006, he had an undefeated winning streak until in ended on January 9, 2007 when he was defeated by 'Bob Howard (V)' (qv).
- Signed to a developmental contract with the WWE.
- Finishing manouever is the Pepsi Plunge - a Pedigree from the top rope.
- Turned pro in 1999.
- Head trainer of the ROH Academy (along with Steve Corino - until he quit ROH), before signing a WWE Development Deal. The Academy is now headed by Austin Aries.
Related sites for this celeb