Jul. 1st, 1972
Twickenham, Middlesex, England, UK
Claire Forlani's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Claire Forlani was born in Twickenham, London, the daughter of Barbara (née Dickinson), and Pierluigi Forlani, a music manager from Ferrara, Italy. At the age of 11, Forlani entered the Arts Educational School in London, where she began to study acting. During her six years at the school, she also studied dance, which led to performances on stage in The Nutcracker and Orpheus in the Underworld.
Forlani's parents moved to San Francisco in 1993, in order to allow for wider casting opportunities in Hollywood films. Subsequently, Forlani was cast in the television mini-series J.F.K.: Reckless Youth and the film Police Academy: Mission to Moscow. In 1995, she played the supporting role of Brandi Svenning in Kevin Smith's Mallrats. In 1996, Forlani appeared in a supporting role as Sean Connery's daughter in the blockbuster action movie The Rock. She continued to appear in both widely released and smaller-budget films. Forlani was cast in the 1998 film Deep Rising, but, due to creative conflicts, left the set during the first few days of filming. That same year, she starred with Anthony Hopkins and Brad Pitt in Meet Joe Black, her most financially successful film. She then appeared in Antitrust, a thriller released in January 2001 to mixed reviews. Forlani was the new face of L'Oréal in 2001. She has been ranked #51 (2000) and #89 (2001) in Stuff magazine's 100 Sexiest Women, #85 (2001) in FHM magazine's 100 Sexiest Women and was slotted in Loaded's Hot 100 Babes. In 2003, she co-starred with Jackie Chan in The Medallion. In Autumn 2006, Forlani joined the cast of CSI: NY in a recurring role as a medical examiner, Dr. Peyton Driscoll. In February 2007, Forlani portrayed Tori Bodeen in the movie version of Nora Roberts's best-selling book Carolina Moon. In 2008, she starred opposite Daniel Craig in Flashbacks of a Fool. In 2011, Forlani plays Queen Igraine in Camelot.
- The British-born actress has spent the majority of her career playing characters with American accents.
- Is learning to play guitar. 
- Has been named Actress of the Week by the online men's magazine AskMen.com. [August 20, 2002]
- Ranked #85 (2001) in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women.
- Ranked #51 (2000) and #89 (2001) in Stuff's 100 Sexiest Women.
- Wed 'Dougray Scott' (qv) in a private civil ceremony in Italy. Banquet was held at her family's country home in Pievebovigliana.
- Wore a custom-made wedding gown by Junko Yoshioka for Bonaparte-NY and Jimmy Choo heels.
- Engaged to actor/boyfriend Dougray Scott [October 2006].