Apr. 12th, 1979
New York City, New York, USA
Claire Danes' Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Claire Catherine Danes (born April 12, 1979) is an American actress of television, stage, and film. She has appeared in roles such as Angela Chase in My So-Called Life, as Juliet in Baz Luhrmann's Romeo + Juliet, as Cosette.
- As of Fall 2008 is the exclusive model for Gucci Jewelry, succeeding 'Drew Barrymore (I)' (qv).
- Her older brother is a corporate lawyer.
- Her mother is an artist while her father is a photographer.
- The most frequently used title for articles about her has been "Great Danes".
- Loves watching _"The Golden Girls" (1985)_ (qv) reruns.
- Grew up with 'Zac Posen' (qv) and 'Julia Stiles' (qv).
- Is the younger of 2 children.
- She turned down the role of "Rose" in _Titanic (1997)_ (qv) as she had just finished working with 'Leonardo DiCaprio' (qv) on _Romeo + Juliet (1996)_ (qv). Though she described working with him on that film as a "treat", she admitted in an interview later that if she had accepted the role in _Titanic (1997)_ (qv), she would not have been able to get away from him.