Apr. 2nd, 1961
Washington, District of Columbia, USA
Christopher Meloni's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Christopher Peter Meloni is an American actor. He is known for his television roles as NYPD Detective Elliot Stabler on the NBC police drama Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and as inmate Chris Keller on the HBO prison drama Oz.
- Accepted the honors at his old alma mater (St. Stephens and St. Agnes School in Alexandria) as the 1978 undefeated football team for which he quarterbacked was inducted into the Hall of Fame.
- Originally from Washington DC, Chris now lives in New York with his production designer wife, 'Sherman Williams (I)' (qv). Chris worked as a construction worker prior to getting his acting break. He got a degree in history at the University of Colorado.
- An accomplished card shark.
- He wears a fake tattoo of the United States Marine Corps emblem (the Eagle, Globe, and Anchor) on his arm for his role in SVU (as seen in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Season 7 episodes, Season 8, Episode 8: "Underbelly" and Season 6, Episode 5: "Outcry".) He has a real tattoo of a butterfly on his upper thigh, and a cubist representation of the crucifixion of Christ tattooed on his upper left arm.
- Godmother of his daughter Sophia is 'Mariska Hargitay' (qv).
- Daughter Sophia Eva Pietra, born in Los Angeles on March 23, 2001. Son Dante Amadeo, born in New York on January 2, 2004. Both were born by a surrogate mother.
- Signed a deal to continue _"Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (1999)_ (qv) for two more seasons in which he will be paid $6.5 million annually (2007).
- Particularly early on in his career, he was often confused for actor 'Elias Koteas' (qv).