Feb. 21st, 1953
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Christine Ebersole's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Ms. Ebersole won the 2007 Tony Award for Best Actress in a Musical for her work in "Grey Gardens". Previously, she was awarded the Drama Desk Award, the Outer Critics Circle Award, the Drama League awarded her both a citation and the Outstanding Performance of the Year, and she was named to its dais for 2007. She also received a special citation from the New York Drama Critics' Circle and the Obie for her off-Broadway turn in "Grey Gardens".
- Won Broadway's 2001 Tony Award as Best Actress (Musical) for a revival of "42nd Street." In 2003, she was Tony-nominated as Best Actress (Featured Role - Play) for a revival of the 'George S. Kaufman' (qv) - 'Edna Ferber' (qv) comedy "Dinner at Eight."
- Went to MacMurray College (in Jacksonville, Illinois), class of '75.
- Played Ado Annie in a major Broadway production of "Oklahoma!" at the Majestic Theater in 1979.
- Studied at New York's American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- Alumna of New Trier Township High School West, Northfield, Illinois.
- Aunt of actress 'Janel Moloney' (qv).
- Her children are Elijah (b. 1993), Mae Mae (b. 1996) and Aron (b. 1997).
- In 2007, Ebersole won her 2nd Tony Award for her dual role of "Little" Edie Beale and Edith Bouvier Beale in the musical "Grey Gardens".
Related sites for this celeb