Nov. 25th, 1971
Hollywood, California, USA
Christina Applegate's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Christina is the daughter of record producer Robert Applegate and singer-actress, 'Nancy Priddy'. Her parents split-up shortly after her birth. She has two half-siblings from her father's re-marriage - Alisa (b. October 10, 1977) & Kyle (b. July 15, 1981). Alisa and Christina are best friends and even lived together while Alisa was going to college. Christina's mother took her along on all of her auditions and acting jobs. She made her acting debut at age five months, when her mother got her in a commercial for Playtex nursers. Her mother never remarried, but kept company with 'Stephen Stills'. Christina still cherishes a guitar Stephen gave her when she was young. She played in a number of TV series before landing her breakout role in Married with Children (1987). Applegate stills studies jazz dance.
- Daughter of Robert Applegate and wife 'Nancy Priddy' (qv), of remote Dutch American ancestry.
- Is a Vegetarian.
- Enjoys books about spirituality.
- Enjoys photography.
- Friend of 'Nicole Eggert' (qv).
- Went to high school with 'Milla Jovovich' (qv).
- On Friday 11 March 2005, while on stage in Chicago in the Broadway-bound revival of the 1966 musical "Sweet Charity", she broke a bone in her right foot. On Friday 25 March 2005, in Boston with 'Charlotte d'Amboise' (qv) in the titular role, its producers officially canceled the production, announcing it would close after its last regularly scheduled try-out performance, the Sunday 27 March 2005 matinée. On Tuesday 29 March 2005, the production was officially resurrected with a revised Broadway preview and opening schedule. Although Ms. d'Amboise continued in the lead role for the first week of Broadway previews, on Monday 18 April 2005, Applegate made her Broadway debut as Charity Hope Valentine. On Wednesday 4 May 2005, the second Broadway revival of "Sweet Charity" opened officially with Ms. Applegate as its star. She has been nominated for a 2005 Tony Award for Best Actress in a Musical.
- Supports People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA).