Nov. 25th, 1971
Hollywood, California, USA
Christina Applegate's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Christina is the daughter of record producer Robert Applegate and singer-actress, 'Nancy Priddy'. Her parents split-up shortly after her birth. She has two half-siblings from her father's re-marriage - Alisa (b. October 10, 1977) & Kyle (b. July 15, 1981). Alisa and Christina are best friends and even lived together while Alisa was going to college. Christina's mother took her along on all of her auditions and acting jobs. She made her acting debut at age five months, when her mother got her in a commercial for Playtex nursers. Her mother never remarried, but kept company with 'Stephen Stills'. Christina still cherishes a guitar Stephen gave her when she was young. She played in a number of TV series before landing her breakout role in Married with Children (1987). Applegate stills studies jazz dance.
- Diagnosed with breast cancer (3 August 2008).
- Referred to in the 1991 song "Set Adrift on Memory Bliss" by PM Dawn.
- Nominated for a 2005 Tony Award as Best Lead Actress in a Musical for her Performance in Sweet Charity
- Enjoys books about spirituality.
- Married longtime boyfriend 'Johnathon Schaech' (qv) on October 20, 2001, in a small Palm Springs ceremony, attended by immediate family and friends.
- Went to high school with 'Milla Jovovich' (qv).
- While filming _View from the Top (2003)_ (qv), she met 'Gwyneth Paltrow' (qv). They are now good friends.
- Was hired by 'Jodie Foster' (qv) to star as Paula Olsen in _Nell (1994)_ (qv) but was let go after 'Jodie Foster' (qv) was replaced by 'Michael Apted' (qv) as director. She was replaced with 'Natasha Richardson (I)' (qv).