Jun. 27th, 1974
Dallas, Texas, USA
Christian Kane's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Christian Kane is probably best known for his screen and television roles, but he also heads the Southern country-rock band Kane and has had an active recording career in addition to his work as an actor.
Kane was born in Dallas, TX of Native American descent. His father worked in the oil business and frequently moved his family around the South and Southwest, eventually settling in Norman, OK when Kane was in the eighth grade. Although he played football and was a wrestler in high school, he majored in art history at the University of Oklahoma, and it was there that the acting bug bit him. He left school without finishing and moved to L.A., taking a job delivering scripts for a talent management company, which also sent him for auditions. Kane landed one of the lead spots in the television show Fame L.A., and was soon appearing in a number of shows, including Angel, Close to Home, and Leverage, television movies Crossfire Train and the miniseries Into the West, and on the big screen Just Married, Secondhand Lions, Friday Night Lights, and The Donner Party, among others.
His most recent role is as Alex Walker in the 2020 TV series Almost Paradise.
- Has a scar on his upper lip from an injury he received while filming _Secondhand Lions (2003)_ (qv).
- His best friend is 'David Boreanaz' (qv). They have been friends since before 'David Boreanaz' (qv) became Angel in _"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (1997)_ (qv); also, they share something very special - they are the only two actors who have appeared in the very first _"Angel" (1999)_ (qv) episode, and the last.
- Has never had any formal acting training.
- Named #8 of the Top Ten Sexiest Men of the Buffy / Angel universe in a fan poll by the Buffy the Vampire Slayer fanzine (2004).
- Has Native American ancestry.
- Good friends with _Supernatural_ star, 'Jensen Ackles' (qv).
- Wears a Silver Fleur-De-Lis bracelet in multiple roles as a reminder of his mother, who is from New Orleans.
- He is a cousin of country music phenomenon 'Branden Hart' (qv).