Jun. 26th, 1970
Winnetka, Illinois, USA
Chris O'Donnell's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Chris O' Donnell (born June 26th, 1970). He is the youngest child in his family with four sisters and two brothers. He first started modeling at the age of thirteen and continued until the age of sixteen, when he appeared in commercials. When he was seventeen, he was preparing to stop acting and modeling, but was asked to audition for what would be his first film, Men Don't Leave (1990). He didn't want to go to the audition, but his mother bribed him by saying she would buy him a new car if he went and he duly got the role.
Ever since that moment in his life, Chris has appeared in some major motion pictures including Fried Green Tomatoes (1991), Scent of a Woman (1992), Mad Love (1995) and Vertical Limit (2000). He is currently working on Kinsey (2004), which should appear in theaters in the year 2004.
Chris took time off from acting to spend time with his wife, Caroline, son, Chris Jr., and his daughter Lilly. He also spent two months in New York performing in Arthur Miller's The Man Who Had All the Luck.
- Originally cast in _The Prince of Tides (1991)_ (qv), but 'Barbra Streisand' (qv) decided she wanted her real son to play the part. She wanted to personally apologize to Chris, so she called his dorm room. One of his roommates answered the phone and took the message, which bewildered him because Chris had not yet mentioned that he was "in the movie biz".
- Attended Loyola Academy (Chicago) and UCLA. Graduated from Boston College in 1995 with a BA in marketing.
- Was at one time considered for the role of Spider-Man/Peter Parker.
- He got his start in a McDonald's commercial.
- Voted "Most Likely To Run Off And Join The Circus" by his class at Loyola Academy.
- Graduated from Boston College in 1992.
- Wife Caroline is an elementary school teacher.
- Listed as one of twelve "Promising New Actors of 1992" in John Willis' Screen World, Vol. 44.