Jul. 12th, 1951
Huron, South Dakota, USA
Cheryl Ladd's Main TV Roles
Main Movie Roles
Guest TV Roles[none found]
Cheryl Ladd (born Cheryl Jean Stoppelmoor; July 12, 1951) is an American actress, singer and author. Ladd is best known for her role as "Kris Munroe" in the television series Charlie's Angels, hired amid a swirl of publicity prior to its second season in (1977) to replace the departing Farrah Fawcett-Majors. Ladd remained with the show until its cancellation in (1981).
- Ex-daughter-in-law of 'Alan Ladd (I)' (qv) and 'Sue Carol (I)' (qv).
- In 1978, a listener wrote into 'Casey Kasem' (qv)'s "American Top 40" radio show, requesting a long-distance dedication (a weekly feature) to Cheryl, asking her to his high school prom. She personally telephoned the boy with her regrets and he thought it was his friends playing a prank. The song in question, Cheryl's "Think It Over", peaked at #36.
- Was considered for the role eventually played by 'Meredith Baxter' (qv) on _"Family" (1976)_ (qv), which is how she came to producer 'Aaron Spelling' (qv)'s attention for _"Charlie's Angels" (1976)_ (qv).
- During high school in Huron, South Dakota, Ladd waited on cars at the local carhop, The Barn.
- Mother of 'Jordan Ladd' (qv).
- Former Mother-in-law of 'Conor O'Neill (I)' (qv).
- Ex-sister-in-law of 'Alan Ladd Jr.' (qv).
- Has a younger brother named Seth.